· Job Description:
Area Data Architect(Data Modeler)
Area Data Architect (Modeler) is responsible for design, development and expansion of data assets that support business intelligence, advanced analytics, and reporting. They will also develop, maintain, and support the enterprise data warehouse system, corresponding data marts, and data interfaces between operational systems. This Area Data Architect- modeler will analyze and review complex object and data models and the metadata repository to structure the processes and data for better management and efficient access. Create and maintain the data documentation and be the liaison between multiple team.
Key Job Responsibilities:
· Hands-on working experience with ER studio
· Expertise in using ER Studio
· Supports corporate data assets and Designs, reviews and maintains data models.
· Partners with Area Data Steward on data asset attributes and definitions.
· Follows established Data Architecture Framework and Guidelines for the design, development, management, storage, access, navigation, movement, transformation and quality of corporate data assets.
· Strong knowledge on Data Warehousing, Data Modeling Concepts, Data Architecture, Database design etc.
· Strong experience in designing Conceptual, Logical, Physical data models.
· Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources
· Ability to architect end-to-end data products and make the right choice of technology stack based on the use case
· Optimize new and current database systems
· Strong knowledge on Modeling tools such as Erwin or ER Studio, MS Visio etc.,
· Strong experience in Reverse engineering and Forward Engineering and generating DDLs considering all the performance aspects
· Demonstrable experience in developing, publishing, and maintaining all documentation for data models that demonstrates data lineage
· Ability to quickly learn and adapt modeling methods from case studies or other proven approaches
· Strong experience in source data analysis and source to target/ETL mappings
· Performs the data analysis activities to capture data requirements clearly, completely and correctly, and represent them in a formal and visual way through the data models.
· Creates semantically rich logical data models that define the Business data requirements and are independent of any technology solution (i.e. DBMS.)
· Manages the life cycle of the data model from requirements to design to implementation to maintenance.
· Looks for opportunities to provide data reuse, balancing the issues of centralization and replication.
· Encourages the Business to manage data as an asset.
· Ensures the preservation of strategic data assets as applications and technologies come and go.
· Requires an in-depth understanding of the Business data needs and the ability to align those business needs with the overall Enterprise data vision.
· Evaluates the use of data to the goals and practices of the Business in a way that provides clear results.
· Acts as a liaison, deducing the data needs of a particular project or group and explaining the importance and use of the data most relevant to them.
· Helps ensure the accuracy and accessibility of all “important” data and is responsible for knowing what data is “important” and why.
· Compiles and maintains the schema definition for physical data models.
· Reviews all physical data models with data management committee before implementation.
· Assists the ETL developers to help ensure that the Business data rules are implemented correctly and clarifies issues as they arise.
· 5+ years of experience data modeling data solutions including but not limited to : ODS, Data Warehouse, Data Integration Hub, OLTP/OLAP, or equivalent knowledge
· Core competency in: Relational DBMS (Oracle, SQL Server), Data modeling - ER Studio or similar Entity Relationship tool.
· Competent level of understanding of SQL, PL/SQL, SSIS, Stored Procedures, and API's of assigned modules
· Excellent SQL skills and demonstrated ability to write complex SQL for purposes of analyzing data and/or evaluating how information needs might be translated into backend structures.
· Strong oral and written communication skills are required
Data Architect would work for ADA positions along with Insurance background and Data modeling experience
*Design and build relational database for data storage or processing
· *Develops strategies for warehouse implementation, data acquisition and archive recovery
· *Cleans and maintains the database by removing and deleting old data
· *Evaluate new data sources for adherence to the organization’s quality standards and ease of integration
· *Conduct research on emerging technologies and understands industry trends on how to gain the best value from the technologies we use.
*Maintain a good understanding of the business drivers, key competitive advantages, and the opportunities that will drive our business forward