· Job Description:
Essential Job Functions
· Establishes and documents a tailored strategy quality plan in collaboration with the project manager, for the performance of quality assurance activities for assigned project or task.
· Develops and oversees the maintenance of quality assurance documentation for projects and tasks to include quality metrics. Ensures documentation complies with software development standards, policies and procedures or best practices. Provides staff with input and feedback regarding revisions.
· Conducts assessments and evaluations through analysis and interpretation of objective and subjective evidence to verify compliance to standards and applicable quality plans. Determines level of process and product quality. Develops written reports of findings; escalates unresolved issues to appropriate management levels.
· Evaluates work products to assess quality and reports findings. Researches alternative solutions to problems, determines proper approaches, makes verbal and/or written recommendations to appropriate parties and implements solutions. Coordinates implementation of approved recommendations.
· Gathers, uses and analyzes defect metrics data. Presents analysis findings to the appropriate levels of management verbally and through the preparation of periodic written reports.
· Participates in special projects, external audits and process improvements in support of quality assurance initiatives. Leads various intiatives.
· Coordinates the definition and maintenance of an effective and efficient quality programs, including the development and presentation of associated training and familiarization to affected staff. Revises standard practices and procedures as appropriate.
· Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
· Acts in a lead capacity for assigned account(s) as appropriate, performing limited leadership functions including consolidating project and task statuses for a given period and reporting same to senior management, customers and development staff.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Bachelor's degree in business, mathematics, engineering, management information systems, computer science, or related field preferred
· Nine or more years of quality assurance, engineering or management information systems experience
· Experience working with quality metrics and software industry metric data collection and analysis techniques
· Experience working with quality assurance principles and practices and software development methodologies such as Catalyst
· Experience working with standard software development methodology assessments, such as SEI/CMM or ISO 9000
· Experience working with project management methodology and in managing projects
· Experience working with software test science and tools
· Strong organization and time management skills
· Good communication skills to interact and present findings to team members, customers, management and support personnel
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Good interpersonal presentation skills for interacting with project and task team members
· Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
· Leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
· Ability to handle activities on multiple projects and tasks within the same or different accounts
· Ability to work independently with integrity
· Ability to work in a team environment, even when remote support is required
· Ability to deal with and manage change
· Ability to complete assigned responsibilities in a given timeframe within a given budget
· Ability to handle multiple project and task responsibilities simultaneously and switch among them quickly to meet prioritized business needs
· Ability to independently generate presentations regarding quality assurance group activities and status, and present them to senior management, customers and development staff
· Willingness to travel
· Office environment