· Job Description:
Manage multiple projects and/or programs of varying complexity through the Project Life Cycle. Lead teams that are responsible for achieving project/program objectives, including system modifications and enhancements. Required to work onsite in our Madison, WI office.
· Follow defined project management policies and procedures and adapt to any changes.
· Develop and update the Project Schedule, including Project Phases, Tasks, Work Efforts, Durations, and Key Milestones to help drive successful outcomes.
· Work with Project Sponsors to identify and obtain resources needed for projects.
· Organize, direct, and motivate project team members to ensure awareness and understanding of deadlines, assignments and objectives.
· Mentor other PMs on project management fundamentals and best practices.
· Provide and update monthly Project Forecasts for the full life of the project.
· Track project progress through monitoring project resource hours and ensure timeliness and accuracy of reporting.
· Effectively communicate project progress through weekly Project Status Report Updates.
· Identify, communicate, and monitor project Risks, Assumptions, Issues, Dependencies, and Constraints.
· Plan and facilitate Project Team Meetings.
· Drive project teams to the successful execution and delivery of projects.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Nine or more years of experience in project and/or program management and a strong understanding of project management methodologies
· Experience managing multiple projects and/or programs of varying size and complexity simultaneously and adapting to changes in priority
· Experience managing projects using Waterfall methodology required. Experience managing projects using Agile methodology is desired.
· Experience managing both Fixed Bid funded projects and Time and Materials funded projects.
· Experience managing projects within a Client/Vendor structure.
· Experience working with Microsoft Project as well as a strong understanding of the tool is required. Experience with Microsoft Project Online (MSPO) desired
· Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, or progress on obtaining certification is strongly desired.
· Strong communication skills with the ability to adapt messaging based on stakeholders and audience
· Strong leadership skills
· Strong organizational skills
· Creative thinking and problem solving skills
· Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
· Ability to work and collaborate in a team environment
· Willingness to work additional hours if needed to meet project goals