· Job Description:
Essential Job Functions
· Develops work statements, scope/priority definitions, budgets and schedules for assigned moderately complex programs. Develops documents with appropriate standards to meet client requirements and needs.
· Selects and/or oversees the selection of assigned personnel for projects. Ensures communication and understanding of deadlines, assignments and objectives. Acts as point of contact with client program management.
· Monitors program status and identifies risks. Documents program progress including implementation, timelines, issues, risks and successes to maintain program course. Assesses results and determines and implements risk mitigation solutions as appropriate.
· Maintains grade and quality of program deliverables within defined and agreed upon program requirements. Identifies and resolves matters of significance impacting the productivity of assigned programs globally. Implements changes and adjusts as appropriate.
· Interfaces and collaborates with team members, stakeholders and management to anticipate and manage changes to projects, such as, but not limited to, technical requirements, business requirements and schedule. Determines when additional resources are needed, plans for and adjusts as needed. Gathers information regarding possible solutions that may create additional, different or unique project objectives or results.
· Participates in proposal efforts and sales calls to ensure product meets client needs and specifications. Interfaces and provides input to discussions regarding project-related decisions and project direction at the executive level.
· Manages expectations of client project/senior management, company management and project team for agreed upon project performance by obtaining, providing, analyzing and interpreting project metrics.
· Gathers feedback from client on program results; analyzes feedback and incorporates same into future programs. Identifies and determines global implications of program parameters and redefines, redesigns or revises as appropriate.
· Leads assigned personnel for program(s). Provides direction and assigns work as appropriate with regard to timeliness and completion of objectives. May address performance issues within prescribed guidelines and may provide performance input.
· Prepares and recommends program operating and personnel budgets for approval. Monitors spending for adherence to budget, reviews and recommends variances as necessary. Balances program resources, globally, to optimize objectives for assigned programs.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Nine or more years of project management experience
· Experience working with project management methodology such as Catalyst including budget development, project planning, control and assurance methodologies including earned value management, project management software and finance and accounting concepts and practices
· Experience working quality management approaches and techniques
· Experience working with delivery assurance policies, procedures, and principles to ensure compliance
· Experience working with productivity and methodology tools that increase project efficiency and effectiveness
· Experience working with administrative processes
· Experience working with techniques and approaches related to the development, integration and deployment of project phases
· Project Management Certification (PMP) preferred
· Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance preferred
· Public sector experience in contracting, statutory compliance, enforcement of standards and requirements, and delivery of mission services preferred
· Strong communication skills
· Good creative, analytical and problem solving skills
· Good leadership and negotiation skills to manage programs and develop new business
· Good interpersonal, leadership and presentation skills for interacting with and influencing team members, clients, thought leaders, and globally recognized subject matter experts
· Good human relations skills to select, coach and mentor team members
· Strategic management and planning skills
· Personal computer and business solutions software skills
· Ability to manage project(s) up to medium complexity and size, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to switch between tasks quickly
· Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Ability to create and maintain formal and informal networks
· Willingness to travel
· Office environment
· Frequent evening or weekend work and on-call work