· Job Description:
Essential Job Functions
· Designs audits of computer systems to ensure they are operating securely and that data is protected from both internal and external attack. Makes recommendations for preventive measures as necessary.
· Assesses assigned system to determine system security status. Designs and recommends security policies and procedures to implement; ensures compliance to policies and procedures.
· Designs training materials for computer security education and awareness programs.
· Evaluates highly complex security systems according to industry best practices to safeguard internal information systems and databases.
· Defines and reviews security requirements and subsequently reviews complex systems to determine if they have been designed and established to comply with established standards.
· Leads investigations of security violations and breaches and recommends solutions; prepares reports on intrusions as necessary and provides analysis summary to management.
· Responds to more complex queries and request for computer security information and reports from both internal and external customers.
· Provides technical consultation on highly complex tasks; may assist and/or provide limited direction to lower level technical personnel.
· Provides product recommendations of security packages to customers; Reviews vendor products and makes recommendations as appropriate. Conducts cost analyses to determine feasibility of new products for clients.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
· CISSP certification preferred
· Nine or more years of experience in computer science, management information systems, or data security experience
· Experience working with information security practices, networks, software, and hardware
· Experience working with computer programming
· Experience working with operating systems
· Experience working with computer desktop packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
· Experience working with security architecture
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills for resolving security issues
· Good organization skills to balance work and lead projects
· Basic leadership skills to effectively mentor and lead junior level personnel
· Good interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
· Strong communication skills to interact with team members and support personnel
· Strong skills implementing and configuring networks and network components
· Ability to work with relational databases
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Office environment
· May require shift work
· May require weekend work