· Job Description:
Essential Job Functions
· Performs highly complex financial analyses including budgeting, trend analysis, forecasting, and financial modeling; develops and implements capitalization methods, and reviews journal entries to meet business needs.
· Collects budget, midyear forecast and other financial information; interprets, summarizes, and uploads forecast information to financial systems to provide information about profit and loss; may provide budget assistance to other department management.
· Analyzes budget, midyear forecast and other financial information and prepares presentations with recommendations to senior management and corporate office; communicates with management and the corporate office regarding financial issues.
· Develops financial controls, procedures, systems, and forecasting techniques to evaluate contract/program status and ensure compliance with government and customer requirements.
· Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
· Forecasts accurate and timely cash flow projections, sales projections, and expense projections to ensure that business needs are met.
· Assists department managers with the budgeting process by working with department managers through the development process of each budget.
· Assists in developing and implementing process or procedural changes, including training documentation and presentation to other organizations. Collaborates with other departments in special projects as required.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, accounting or related field preferred
· Nine or more years of finance or accounting experience
· Experience working with accounting principles and accounting software and databases
· Experience working with financial analysis
· Strong communication skills
· Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
· Strong leadership skills and ability to lead teams
· Strong presentation skills
· Strong organization and time management skills
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Office environment