· Job Description:
Essential Job Functions
· Develops and maintains account/region standards and procedures to ensure that configuration management controls are capable of supporting deployment activities and implementations to meet business needs.
· Interprets configuration management activities and tools as defined for the account and applies them to project activities. Works with the project manager to develop configuration management plans, milestones, and schedules for projects. Suggests alternative revisions and assists in implementing new strategies as appropriate.
· Decomposes configuration items into appropriate configuration units for the specific project or task. Identifies problem issues and recommends solutions as appropriate.
· Ensures version control integrity for software and non-software components by reviewing account requirements. Establishes approach for resolving discrepancies to ensure requirements are met. Implements solutions as necessary to ensure that problems are resolved.
· Performs complex audits for projects or accounts according to the configuration management plans. Implements baselines that are established and approved by the appropriate control board. Recommends and implements suggestions as appropriate. Coordinates audit requests to ensure data compliance.
· Develops initial technical installation guidelines and other documentation of hardware and software standards to facilitate tracking. Maintains relationships with customers and support personnel in understanding product configuration.
· Acts as lead for assigned projects. Works with members of configuration management working groups on assigned actions.
· Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Bachelor's degree in business administration, management information systems, or related field preferred
· Nine or more years of configuration analysis experience
· Experience working with distributed computer systems, software and associated communication networks
· Experience working with networking principles and local area networks
· Experience working with company software and hardware products
· Experience working with configuration management practices and standards
· Strong skills in configuring and installing various operating systems and application software
· Strong communication skills to interact with team members, customers, and support personnel
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills to resolve technological problems
· Leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
· Project management skills
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Office environment