· Job Description:
Essential Job Functions
· Conducts technical research, testing, evaluation and documentation of moderately complex hosting/configuration tools and methodologies to ensure that tools are current and functional.
· Creates application architectures and populates an application host/configuration matrices with appropriate strategies, timelines, and cost information to increase cost efficiency and effectiveness.
· Coordinates with application developers, managers and customer application experts to ensure that required features and modifications are included in the appropriates releases to support cross-product features and to communicate architectural designs and standards.
· Designs application modules that work together to produce desired product. Ensures that completed modules provide functionality described by application experts and to ensure that performance guidelines are met.
· Plans technical support infrastructure through the creation of service level agreements; leads the transition from application development to support to ensure that appropriate support is available to clients in a timely and efficient manner.
· Provides high-level analysis and design reviews to other department members to avoid duplication of effort in solving the same application problems with different products.
· Works with third party vendors to develop and/or integrate their applications into company products; ensures that applications are in accordance with company product standards and guidelines.
· Works with product development teams and senior designers to develop architectural requirements to ensure client satisfaction with product.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Bachelor's degree in business, software engineering, computer science or related field preferred
· Nine or more years of application architecture and/or product development experience
· Experience working with software systems, applications and network markets
· Experience working with technical products, vendors, and families of technologies and company software and hardware products
· Experience working with application design principles and product configurations
· Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems, hardware and software
· Experience working with mainframes, scheduling software, and other related technologies
· Experience working with software development life cycle
· Personal computer and business solutions software skills
· Good communication skills to communicate with customers, vendors, business unit personnel, support personnel, application development personnel and management
· Good analytical and problem solving skills for design, coordination and testing of applications
· Good skills in application administration, design and architecture
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Ability to create and maintain formal and informal networks
· Ability to work with relational databases
· Office environment