· Job Description:
About DXC Technology
DXC Technology (DXC: NYSE) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company’s technology independence, global talent and extensive partner network combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognised among the best corporate citizens globally.
Infrastructure Engineer required to join our leveraged 24/7 Operational Support team based in Chorley.
This role is suitable for an engineer with Windows Server Operating Systems support experience
· Work Out of Hours as part of a 24/7 shift team based in Chorley.
· Deployment of Security Updates / Patches to various Operating Systems and Applications
· Diagnosing faults and resolving incidents.
· Engaging Service Restoration Leads, third parties and On Call Engineers where required
· Install, maintain and support new applications and Infrastructure
· Reviewing and maintaining work instructions and documentation for processes & procedures
· Prioritizing and managing several activities at one time.
· Strong troubleshooting skills and experience with Windows Server operating systems
· Ability to quickly learn new technologies and dealing with Ambiguity
· ITIL– must understand principles
· Adhere to DXC’s CLEAR Values in everything you do
· Customer Focus
· Execution Excellence
· Experience of supporting a variety of Windows client and server operating systems
· Familiarity with VMWare (vSphere, vCenter etc)
· Experience of working with one or more of the following would be preferred;
· Unix (Solaris, AIX)
· Experience of supporting Dynamic Desktop Environments (XenApp / XenDesktop)
· Automation / Scripting skills (eg Powershell, Python, WinAutomation, C++)
Out of Hours
· Out of hours and weekend work in 12 hour shifts required as part of a 24/7 shift team.
· SC clearance will be required for the role.
DXC Technology is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, colour, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or genetic information. DXC's commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment.