Benchmark and Index Control Group, Benchmark and Index Analytics OfficerRisk
The Risk division has a fundamental responsibility to protect the Bank. With group-wide responsibility for the management and control of credit, market, operational and reputational risks, we have a unique vantage point which allows us a holistic view of our businesses and our clients. Nearly 4,000 employees work together to achieve our ambition to be an industry-leading risk management organisation.
In an increasingly complex environment, risk management is fast-becoming the most sought after place to build a career within the banking world. Risk at Deutsche Bank is relied upon to help shape the strategy of the organisation and the wider industry agenda.
Job Title: Benchmark and Index Control Group, Benchmark and Index Analytics Officer
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
You’ll be joining the Benchmark and Index Control Group (BICG) within Risk which is an independent second line control function responsible for benchmark-related controls bank-wide. BICG maintains an effective risk management framework comprising standards and policies, control execution and monitoring as well as analysis and reporting, building on a strong interaction with the business divisions and other control functions.
· Providing Index Independent Oversight
· Providing Index methodology reviews across all asset classes
· Back-testing and market data source management
· Ensuring new index launch controls
· Assessing usage
· Managing index inventory
· Providing regulatory guidance advisory for Deutsche Bank businesses
· Monitoring index landscape
· Managing relationships with third party data providers and Index Administrators
· Closely collaborating with Deutsche Bank and non-Deutsche Bank Index owners and sponsors (Trading, Structuring, Sales, AM and WM)
· Ensuring Benchmark Submission Methodology reviews including interest rate, Foreign Exchange and Credit benchmarks, implementation assessment and data analysis and benchmark reforms monitoring
· Monitoring re-set risk through close collaboration with the Deutsche Bank India team and threshold excesses investigation with the Front Office
· Providing ad-hoc research, insight and a deep understanding of the data underpinning the Bank’s participation in benchmarks and indices (e.g. calibration, hypothesis testing, European Union (EU) Benchmark directive consultation etc)
Skills & Qualifications:
· Broad asset class / product knowledge, a specialisation in Equity, Commodities or Multi-asset beneficial
· Direct or indirect experience in Indices / Benchmarks space. Prior background in Consulting or Market data provider services beneficial
· Solid experience in operating with Python and large data sets in Excel / Access (VBA, SQL). SPSS, R, Mathematica or similar (beneficial)
· Familiar with Bloomberg or Reuters usage as data sources
· Demonstrates an interest in regulatory developments and reforms and adaptation to changes in regulation, legislation and auditing standards
· An ambitious, creative, reliable and motivated team player to fit a dynamic and diverse environment
· Ability to maintain attention to detail whilst working under pressure
· Ability to effectively multi-task in a fast paced environment; prioritising workload and exploring different communication channels
· Pro-active and passionate to work in hybrid structures (change the bank / run the bank)
· Willing to learn
· Educated to Bachelor’s degree level in a quantitative discipline
· Qualified Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) beneficial
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.