Alternatives & Coverage Business Line ComplianceAlternatives & Coverage Business Line Compliance
Job ID: 3153151
Location: London, United Kingdom
At Deutsche Bank, good compliance is everybody’s responsibility. The Compliance department’s core functions support good compliance practice to prevent and detect violations of all applicable laws, rules and principles that observe high standards of individual behaviour and business conduct.
Working closely with the business, compliance professionals ensure that our risk based programme is both globally effective and locally anchored to our key divisional businesses. As an independent and robust second level control function, the Compliance Department seeks to manage compliance risk and deepen the culture of compliance at Deutsche Bank through the development and management of strategies that are sustainable and increases the trust of our clients.
Job title: Alternatives & Coverage Business Line Compliance
Corporate title: Analyst
Division: Deutsche Asset Management
You’ll be joining the Asset Management (AM) Compliance team and reporting to the Compliance lead for Alternatives (including real estate, infrastructure, hedge funds, private equity) and Coverage.
· Reviewing new product launches including product appropriateness, reputational risk, conflict of interest and distribution aspects
· Providing fund compliance support and advising on governance and conduct related topics
· Providing support to the sales organisation of AM in the UK and in relation to global projects and initiatives
· Providing ad-hoc advice on regulatory and general issues relating to a broad range of compliance-related issues, funds and regulatory developments
· Reviewing marketing material and client communications for compliance with MiFID, other regulatory requirements and the bank’s policies and standards for communications and marketing material
· Providing input and update on regulatory changes impacting the Alternatives and Coverage (i.e MiFID II, AIFMD etc.) and advising on regulatory interpretation and practical implementation through participation in internal and external working groups
· Reviewing and / or contributing to the rollout of new or updated policies and procedures to ensure continued compliance with local rules and regulations and best practice
· Attending internal and external committees
· Preparing and delivering training sessions within AM
· Participating in and undertaking Compliance risk assessments and control frameworks
· Assisting in any regulatory inspections and investigations and responding to ad-hoc regulatory enquiries
· Assisting the Compliance Controls Team in their reviews of AM business lines
· Working on general Compliance projects from time to time as required
Skills & Qualifications:
· Demonstrates an interest or experience in alternative funds (in particular, real estate, private equity and hedge funds) and asset management sales and distribution issues and an interest in broader compliance and regulatory matters
· Experience / knowledge of the financial markets and the current regulatory structure in Europe (beneficial)
· Ability to interpret, understand, advise upon and formulate an appropriate course of action on a broad range of legal and regulatory provisions
· Ability to analyse legal, regulatory and reputational risk and where necessary escalate matters to the appropriate management level
· Educated to Bachelor’s degree level (or equivalent qualification) or holds a professional qualification, such as a qualified solicitor or accountant
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail and an ability to grasp core issues quickly
· Ability to handle and manage a number of different projects simultaneously and pro-actively take them forward to resolution
· Adapts to changes as necessary
· Possesses a proactive approach to projects and responsibilities
· Action oriented with a strong focus on getting the job done correctly
· High energy and enthusiasm levels. Hardworking, with the ability to focus on and resolve the “right” issues in a timely fashion
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.