Warehouse Operator - Portland, OR
Portland, USA Sales
AT A GLANCE, YOU WILL
Work with many brands
About the job
Danone North America is looking to hire a Warehouse Operator based in Portland, Oregon where we manufacturing frozen yogurt and ice cream!
In this role, you will support the manufacturing plant by primarily functioning in the warehouse areas of the manufacturing plant in either the dry materials warehouse or in a refrigerated warehouse transporting the finished palletized product to freezers/trailers.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
· Operate powered industrial trucks (i.e. forklifts) to:
· Pull ingredients and packaging from stock on hand for use in batching
· Receive and process raw and finished product transfer between warehouse locations
· Pick and load orders for multiple warehouse locations
· Stage and ship finished product for blast freezing at off site freezers
· Unload and load trailers as needed
· Put away finished product in onsite freezers
· Pull and ship orders from our onsite stock
· Unpack, examine, and route incoming shipments, reject damaged items, record shortages, and correspond with shipper/ driver, to rectify damages and shortages. Able to receive and process defective parts/ materials for replacement or credit
· Maintain inventory of shipping materials
· Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean, orderly condition, and follow prescribed safety and quality regulations
· You will have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent (required)
· Desire/ability to work swing shift (3 pm – 1:30 am)
· Desire to work 4x10 schedule (Monday – Thursday) with some OT required on Friday’s
· Warehouse experience preferred (at least 1-3 months)
· Food Manufacturing experience is a plus!
We offer a starting rate of $21.53 per hour (plus shift differential as applicable), for Warehouse Operator. Additionally you’ll be eligible for company benefits including medical/dental/vision, company paid life insurance and short term/long term disability insurance, paid parental leave, retirement benefits, and Pay for Performance Bonus.
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You’ll be part of one of the largest Certified B Corps ™ in the world , working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU .
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect.http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf