R&I Product Development Specialist
Gunma, JAPAN Accounting / Management control
AT A GLANCE, YOU WILL
Work with many brands
About the job
· Responsible to manage the development, implementation and launch process for renovation, innovation, cost improvement and quality related projects for the brand under his/her accountability in accordance with Danone mission and principles.
· Responsible to manage the pilot plant operation, deliver the pilot trials and sample preparation for development process of renovation, innovation, cost improvement and quality related projects across the brands in EDP, plant base and others.
· Responsible to pilot efficiency (planning, quality of samples, OPEX & maintenance).
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY
· Be actively involved in the ideation stage and contribute to creating a robust and relevant inno/reno portfolio.
· Coordinate and operate pilot trials for across the brands in DJ.
· Deliver activities to maintain and improve pilot efficiency (planning, quality of samples, OPEX & maintenance, budgeting).
· Deliver pilot strategic plan, budgeting for investment.
· Plan, organize, conduct and follow up industrial trials. Collect, analyze and present the relevant analytical data, provide assistance during launch period and afterwards carry out a formal hand over to industrial department.
· Actively participate in solving problems that occur during production and projects related to the optimization of production technologies and/or quality.
· Build close network and collaboration with key ingredient suppliers and look for synergies in terms of innovation and renovation ideas as well as relevant technological solution to implement for ongoing projects.
· Build strong network within international Danone R&I community and foster collaboration, exchange of ideas, know-how and best practices
· Prepare laboratory samples during product development.
· Prepare provisional formula based on approved laboratory and pilot samples.
· Organize product-tasting sessions with relevant departments and prepare reports.
· Follows-up on results from quality control during the product test shelf life and draw appropriate conclusions.
· Manage documentation and mail necessary for project execution.
· Samples shipment of products abroad or locally for Danone internal evaluation or needed lab analysis.
· Maintain strict confidentiality on the laboratory, projects, products data and procedures.
· Work together with Marketing department to prepare the necessary samples used in consumer research.
· Prepare the necessary documents during the product development: Product and Ingredient Specifications, labelling information, FSV and Post Launch Evaluation.
· Update the tools and corresponding databases used by R&I.
· Work together with the Quality department in order to incorporate new methods for product quality control during development of new products or for product re-launches.
· Actively participates and contribute to LIM meetings.
· Availability for factory tests during night shifts or weekends.
· Have knowledge and understanding of Danone policy and strategy about health claims and product nutritional profile.
· Masters Degree in Food Science & Technology, Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology or closely related field
Technical Skills and Experiences required
· Minimum 3yrs experience in a related field.
· Has basic understanding of food ingredients, formulations and process
· Has basic knowledge of flavors, fruit preparations, stabilizers and cultures are an advantage.
· Basic experience in project management process and tools
Competencies to be successful on the job
· Analytical thinking
· Good organizational and time-management skills
· Able to work independently and prioritize his/her own tasks
· Basic communication skills with internal and external stakeholders
· Passion for excellence in execution
· Result oriented
· Works well under pressure in changing context and environment
· Energetic, dynamic person. Able to manage pilot plant work independently.
· Creative thinking and out of the box approach to problem solving
· High level of curiosity for new consumer trends in the industry as well as technological solution
· Team player
· Japanese proficiency and English upper intermediate level are required
Dedicated to bringing health through food to as many people as possible, Danone is a leading global food & beverage company built onthreebusinesses: Essential Dairy and Plant-Based Products, Waters and Specialized Nutrition.
At Danone, we aim to inspire healthier and more sustainable eating and drinking practices, in line with our vision - Danone, One Planet. One Health - which reflects a strong belief that the health of people and the health of the planet are interconnected. We deliberately concentrate on high-growth and health-focused categories, and commit to operating in an efficient, sustainable and responsible manner.
Check out the link below to find out more about Danone in Japan.
Danone Japan is a certified B Corporation and is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Marital Status / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Danone Japan doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect.