Quality Engineer - Minster
Minster, USA Design / Civil engineering / Industrial engineering
AT A GLANCE, YOU WILL
Work with many brands
About the job
ABOUT THE JOB:
At Danone, Manufacturing the best products and supplying them to meet demand is a key driver for our plant teams.We have an opening for a Quality Engineer based in our Minster, Ohio plant! The primary responsibilities of the Quality Engineer is tosupport the packaging operations business unit(s) through technical guidance, analysis, and leadership to continuously improve quality performance. The Quality Engineer is accountable for Food Safety and Quality, compliance to regulatory & audit requirements, compliance to Danone North America Food Safety & Quality Assurance standards, product specification performance, as well as cleaning and sanitation validation for the packaging business units.
· Provide quality & food safety technical guidance, analyze and report quality trends, and lead Quality and Food Safety improvements.
· Ensure compliance to Danone Food Safety & Quality standards, ODA, FDA, and FSSC 22000 standards, and adherence to specifications. Support internal and external audit requirements. Perform necessary audit tasks and support closure of action items.
· Participate as a member of the Food Safety Team and assist in the development, revisions, and implementation of the Food Safety Plan.
· Support the Quality Management System and participate in development & review of quality and sanitation SOPs. Assist & potentially lead implementation of QFS programs.
· Develop, design, and conduct training and mentoring about food safety and quality topics to develop a strong quality culture.
· Analyze and trend plant quality KPIs (e.g. FGL, ABC, CC/MU, microbiological quality, sanitation effectiveness, etc.) and drive improvement. Provide support for plant objectives.
· Lead RCA problem-solving initiatives with a cross-functional team, for packaging quality-related issues.
· Perform root cause analysis, problem-solving, and follow-up related to operational quality incidences.
· Support DaMaWay and assist in implementing and maintaining the Quality Pillar
· Support the change management processes related to projects, new products, packaging, equipment, production processes, etc.
· Manage and assist with special projects (e.g., packaging floor projects)
· Support the validation of cleaning effectiveness via the Neptune (sanitation) program.
· Effectively collaborate and communicate with several plant departments (e.g., packaging, processing, maintenance, engineering, lab, etc.)
· Perform all other assigned tasks/duties
· A Bachelor’s Degree in a science related field (Microbiology, Food Safety, or similar) or other technical discipline is required.
· You have 3-5 years of relevant experience in the manufacturing industry, required. Prior experience in dairy/food/beverage manufacturing industry is strongly preferred. Prior supervisory experience is also preferred.
· Professional licenses/certificates (preferred)
· HACCP/Food Safety Training
· FSSC 22000 food safety certification
· Experience with continuous improvement (e.g. Total Preventative Maintenance) (preferred)
· Effective problem-solving skills and experience using structured and data driven problem-solving techniques (RCPS, DMAIC, Six-sigma, LEAN, etc.).
· Computer literacy and software navigation (Microsoft Office, MiniTab)
· You have excellent communication (verbal, written), leadership and interpersonal skills.
· You have the ability to rapidly assess, analyze, make decisions, and quickly resolve complicated quality problems with little initial information or direction and with varying degrees of ambiguity.
· You have demonstrated ability to work with teams and share knowledge/ideas.
· You have strong multi-tasking skills, are adaptable and flexible and can manage priorities while allocating time to long-term, quality continuous improvement projects.
· You have strong “self-management” skills and are comfortable working with minimal supervision.
· You have established project management skills. Must bring leadership, interpersonal and communication skills required to interact with various levels of plant and corporate personnel and influence other
· You are willing to work flexible schedules as needed to support 7-day per week, 24-hour per day production facilities. Work schedules could include occasional off-shift, weekends, or nights as needed to support business needs.
ABOUT US :
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You’ll be part of one of the largest Certified B Corp™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect.