AT A GLANCE, YOU WILL
Work with many brands
About the job
Danone is a major FMCG company in the UK, with market leading brands across three divisions: Waters (Evian, Volvic), Dairies (Actimel, Activia, Shape) and the newly created Specialised Nutrition division which joins Early Life Nutrition and Advanced Medical Nutrition (Aptamil, Cow & Gate, Neocate, Fortisip).
You've probably never heard of Nutricia Advanced Medical Nutrition but read on and you'll be glad you did. We are part of Danone's Specialised Nutrition Division and are Europe's largest specialist nutrition company and the market leader in the UK. We specialise in the delivery of medical nutrition for the very young, the old and the sick, supplying high quality feeds to patients and consumers. Our purpose is to pioneer nutritional discoveries that help people live longer, healthier lives.
When it comes to finding a great place to work there are plenty of things to look for: inspirational colleagues, freedom in your job to make a real difference, and a shared ethos you can truly believe in. Throw in top perks, a responsive and dynamic environment and unrivalled opportunities to develop personally and professionally and you've found something pretty special. You've found Danone.
Here at Danone we put people at the centre of everything we do - whether we're developing ground-breaking new products, taking care of individual patients, or supporting the community. And if you join us you can expect exactly that sort of attention too.
We have an exciting opportunity for Quality Control Microbiology Analysts to join our team on a permanent contract to perform routine Microbiological testing.
You'll be responsible for various duties and tasks within the Microbiology laboratory. These include sample preparation using analytical methods, calibration and maintenance/cleaning of equipment and reporting results into a LIMs system; all using good laboratory practice via aseptic techniques whilst assisting with environmental monitoring. Duties also include preparation and quality control of in-house media, sub-culturing, plating out, streaking and reading plates.
With at least one years experience of working in a Microbiology laboratory, candidates should all be competent in formulation, process & equipment along with food sciences and problem solving. BSc in Microbiology or Science base is essential. Our teams all contribute to their own, team and departmental results and can analyse most difficult solutions always presenting a conclusion. The candidate must have good organisational, communication skills and be able to work positively as part of a fast paced team. You must be highly self-motivated, committed and reliable.
In return you can expect to be earning a competitive salary + bonus. You will also be eligible for our award-winning flexible rewards and benefits package and excellent pension provision. You'll also get the support and guidance to personally develop and shape your career whilst contributing to the performance of the business.
What will you be doing day to day?
• Health and Safety Standards
• Maintaining KPI's within the cell structure
• Routine Microbiology analysis by established SOP's, including; wet plate methods and PCR.
• Perform all methods with regards to GMP and GLP
• The ability to analyse most difficult solutions and always present a conclusion. Basic problem solving
• Assisting with continuous improvements
• Anticipate problems and put in place corrective actions
• Responsible for training
• Assisting in relation to out of specification results
• Assisting in the introduction and validation of new methods and equipment
Targeted profile RequiredWhat does the ideal candidate look like?
• Experience in Pharma or FMCG environment
• Accustomed with physical processing of food ingredients, especially dry powder
• Competent in formulation, process & equipment along with food sciences
• Capable of working on multiple priorities with set targets and time frames
• Adaptable enough to work in a fast-paced environment that changes / challenges daily
• Ability to work in a pressurised, heavily targeted and measured environment
• Good analytical and technical capabilities
• Problem solving skills
• Able to develop effective professional working relationships
• An enthusiastic and committed self starter
• Strong CODES behaviours
Want to apply?
If you think this role might be of interest, please send your application to us.
The closing date for applications is Friday 1st July 2022. We may look to close the application process early should we receive a high number of applicants.