AT A GLANCE, YOU WILL
Work with many brands
About the job
Quality, efficiency, and safety all play a big role in our work at Danone. Manufacturing the best products and supplying them to meet demand is a key driver for the Supply Chain team. Danone's Happy Family brand is currently looking to hire aMaterial Plannerbased in Boise, ID, or near one of our Danone locations.
The base compensation range for this position is $69,000-92,000commensurate with experience. Danone North America additionally offers a performance-based bonus and has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug Coverage, 401k Plan, Wellness Program, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Flexible Time Off, and Paid Parental Bonding Leave, among other benefit plan options.To give our employees flexibility, Danone is a hybrid work environment.
This position is responsible for material inventories for a specified category to support finished goods production plans, minimize obsolescence and provide overall cost containment. The buyer must be able to communicate with all internal parties and manage key supplier relationships. They are involved in growing and maintaining the company’s relevant business systems (SAP, MRP, etc.). S/He will report functionally to the Supply Planning Manager.
Main Functional Relations:
Planning, Procurement, QA, R&I, Inventory Control, Third Party Manufacturers and Warehouses, External suppliers and vendors
· Place and manage purchase orders for Happy Family.
· Overall responsibility for material plans for specified categories.
· Ensure overall MRP system (both within SAP and in external processes) maintained and overall system planning is optimized. Conduct regular reviews of all parameters and update based on new criteria.
· Lead & conduct material planning meetings with suppliers, ensuring all material plans are adequate from DOS and obsolescence targets in the long and short term.
· Daily and/or weekly coordination with suppliers to track lead-times on open orders to ensure timely delivery.
· Provide timely updates for open orders and scheduled deliveries to relevant internal parties.
· Work with the Purchasing, Planning, and Production teams to help maintain purchasing schedules and proper inventory levels; optimize inventory management.
· Develop KPIs to monitor performance, timely deliverables, process and operations throughput
· Establish clear communication channels with functional departments and management levels as-well-as sourcing partners.
· Track and assist in resolution of at-risk on-hand and/or contract balances inventory.
· Data entry into SAP; crucial for maintaining data integrity that’s used cross-functionally
· Assist in new supplier evaluation and set up in internal business systems.
· Manage and resolve all day-to-day supplier service issues and escalate as needed.
· Participate in weekly supply planning team meetings with counterparts in finished good planning, deployment, forecasting and procurement to deliver key KPIs - service, DOS, forecast accuracy, material SS, obsolescence minimization and sourcing optimization
· You have a Bachelor’s degree in SCM, STEM, or equivalent experience.
· You have at least 3 years of experience with SCM
· You have an understanding of ERP systems and experience with MS Excel
· Demonstrated understanding of supply chain processes and safety stock optimization strategies
· Demonstrated understanding of materials management & supplier management
· SAP knowledge a plus
· APICS certification desired
· Strong project management/organization skills
· Success in problem solving and critical thinking
· Achieve results effectively and independently
· Anticipates needs and proactively works to solve issues
· Develop cross-functional effectiveness
· Ability to take thoughtful risks
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You’ll be part of one of the largest Certified B Corps ™ in the world , working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU .
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect.http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf