AT A GLANCE, YOU WILL
Work with many brands
About the job
About the Job:
Reporting to the Research & Development Director, this position manages projects and product developers in the R&I Yogurt team. Incumbent is responsible for leading a professional staff, providing coaching and development of the team and managing a portfolio of product development projects with a focus on yogurt and cultured dairy products. This position can be based in White Plains, NY or Louisville, CO .
• Directly manages a team of professional level product developers to include technical guidance, project and business advisement, and coaching for career development.
• Partners with various stakeholder groups to develop comprehensive project opportunity lists and a robust pipeline of projects.
• Provides technical expertise in food science and product development to assigned business teams.
• Foster innovative ideas and products in new categories beyond the current portfolio with a focus on yogurt and cultured products that support nutrition, health, and wellness of our consumers.
• Facilitate and foster the ideation of possible new products, line extension, and/or product reformulations with an emphasis on establishing points of difference versus competitors, promotion of nutrition/health/wellness, food safety/quality, creativity, and passion for food.
• Plan, execute, and manage the development of prototypes in lab, pilot plant and at production facilities. Maintain technical and experimental documentation.
• Build vendor relationships to secure and source the necessary ingredients that align with prevailing company standards. Evaluate new suppliers and/or ingredients.
• Facilitate sensory evaluations and consumer taste panels. Utilize consumer insights and feedback to improve product formulation.
• Ensure all developed products meet internal and external guidelines for nutrition, regulatory affairs, and food labeling.
• Own the commercialization of products from ideation through scale up and retail launch. Collaborate with, and provide technical product leadership to, cross-functional teams including but not limited to Marketing, Sales, Business Development, Operations, Finance, Engineering, and Quality Assurance.
• Provide oral and written progress updates to stakeholders and business leaders. Must be able to clearly articulate technical product information in a format that is understandable to non-technical audiences.
• All other duties as assigned.
The base compensation range for this position is $98,000-135,000 (commensurate with experience). Danone North America additionally offers a performance-based bonus and has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug Coverage, 401k Plan, Wellness Program, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Flexible Time Off, and Paid Parental Bonding Leave, among other benefit plan options.
PREFERRED CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS:
Education and Experience:
• The following combination of education and experience is required for this position.
o Bachelor's degree in food science or closely related field with at least 8 years of relevant progressive experience
• Prior experience must include significant product development and/or research experience preferably supporting yogurt or dairy products.
• At least 1 year of previous experience managing direct reports is required.
• Demonstrated examples of successful commercialization of yogurt and/or cultured dairy products, preferred but not required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated product development capabilities with successful in-market products thatdemonstrate meaningful points of difference and deliver against consumer expectations.
• Leverage sensory and consumer validationtools to develop great tasting foods and beverages
• Aware of consumer trends in ingredients and nutrition
• Knowledgeable of food safety, HACCP, and quality regulations and programs
• Passionate about creating, rapid prototyping, development, and commercialization of programs
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Solid planning, organizational, and time management skills
• Strong project management skills and proven ability to work with cross-functional teams
• Ability and passion to manage and develop others
• Attention to detail and ability to multi-task multiple projects and initiatives
• Must be able and willing to travel up to 30%
• Ability to safely work in a variety of environments including office, laboratory, and/or manufacturing plant settings where occupational noise and other hazards may exist. Position requires moderate lifting of up to 25 pounds and occasional lifting above 25 pounds
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You’ll be part of one of the largest Certified B Corps™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU. Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c .pdf