AT A GLANCE, YOU WILL
Work with many brands
About the job
At Danone, we believe that every time we eat or drink, we vote for the world we want. As a leading food and beverage company, we make healthy, sustainably-produced foods and beverages that nourish people’s lives. Some of our brands include Dannon, Activia, Horizon Organic, International Delight, Silk, Oikos, So Delicious Dairy Free, Stok, Two Good, Vega, and Wallaby Organic . And as the largest Certified B Corporation® in the world, we are committed to redefining success in business to ensure that through our brands we create real benefits for people, our communities, and the planet.
With headquarters in Broomfield, CO and White Plains, NY, Danone North America has more than 6,000 employees across the U.S. and Canada, and more than a dozen manufacturing facilities across North America. Our employees enjoy competitive pay and industry-leading benefits (including flexible (unlimited) time off and up to 26 weeks paid parental leave), and share a common mission and culture committed to both business results and social purpose. When you join Danone North America, you become part of a global team that is inspiring a healthier world through food.
Danone North America is looking for a Maintenance Mechanic in Eugene, OR manufacturing facility. The Maintenance Mechanic supports the maintenance functions of the Danone-So Delicious Dairy Free factory.
The shift is: Sun - Thurs, 3:00pm - 11:30pm
This position is responsible to perform maintenance activities which support the entire Springfield Danone operation. Cooperation with the maintenance leadership and operations personnel for execution of work to be performed is vital. Ensure the plant is maintained in a safe, efficient manner, in accordance with plant procedures and local, state, and federal regulations. Proactive troubleshooting, communication, and resolution of equipment performance issues with both the Maintenance and Operations team is required. Continuous development and formal training to increase skill level is essential. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, cooperative, reliable, patient, considerate, respectful, and passionate about the work that needs to be done. They must have a consistent work history and be able/willing to flex schedule based on business needs.
• Maintains a safe working environment, functioning as a member of a cooperative team and participates in safety work.
• Understands and adheres to personal and food safety standards established.
• Knowledge of LOTO, Working at Heights, ARC Flash, Chemical Safety and other programs common in a manufacturing environment.
Manufacturing Preventive / Predictive and Corrective Maintenance:
• Perform planned maintenance activities according to a maintenance schedule. Attention to detail is critical. Ability to follow work instructions and communicate issues discovered.
• Technical skills in mechanical, pneumatics, refrigeration, fabrication, electrical controls is needed to bring equipment back to like-new condition in the manufacturing systems.
• Clean, inspect, and replace worn parts to keep equipment in optimal condition.
• Execute timed PM's and Predictive Maintenance routes and update procedures as needed for continuous improvement is needed.
• Read, enter information, check out parts in Maintenance Management System.
• Perform facility maintenance duties ie; simple plumbing, electrical, structural and mechanical repair and sustainment tasks for the Danone properties as required.
• Ability to troubleshoot a wide range of equipment operation deficiencies, identify contributing factors, and correct efficiently and effectively.
• Knowledge of multimeters for electrical troubleshooting and other electrical and mechanical tools is necessary. Experience reading technical manuals and one-line diagrams is beneficial.
Maintain Production Flow:
• Work with operators, learning and training, on optimal run conditions. Help inexperienced operators understand what is not normal and how to react.
• Be responsive to equipment performance issues before breakdown. Act promptly in equipment downtime situations. Be proactive and active on the production floor.
• Understands the importance of DaMaWay and utilizes available tools and systems to proactively maintain their workspace and equipment
• Ensure adherence to plant standards (including but not limited to GMP, AIB, FDA, DaMaWay, Quality, Safety, Finance, ISO, CODES, Daily Direction Setting, Driving OE). As a fundamental piece of the organization, your responsibility is to participate and own the implementation and deployment of DaMaWay system and its pillars (Leadership foundation, Daily Direction Setting, Driving OE; Autonomous Maintenance; planned Maintenance; Focused Improvement; Education and Training; Environmental, Health and Safety; Quality; Organization; Supply Network; Early Equipment Management) with the objective of owning your space, owning your performance (Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Mobilization, Nature) and owning your continuous improvement.
• High diploma or GED required.
• Technical training/ certification preferred in mechanical/pneumatic/ electrical/refrigeration/metal work/Fabrication
• Preventative Maintenance Skills
• Minimum 3-5 years of manufacturing experience.
• Basic to Advanced Level Mechanics
• Basic to Advanced Level Pneumatics
• Basic to Advanced Steam Systems
• Basic to Advanced Level Electrical
• Basic to Intermediate Controls Knowledge a plus.
• Basic to Advanced Refrigeration, a plus.
• Safety Knowledge/Training: Lockout Tagout, Fall Prevention, Electrical Safety, Confined Space, OSHA, PPE, Haz Comm, Tool Safety
• Experience in Food Production a plus
• Good verbal and written communication, presentation, organizing, prioritizing and implementation skills.
• Follows GMP Practices
• Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and coordinate efforts around process improvement.
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills associated with developing trusting relationships.
• Must have excellent multi-tasking, organizational, planning and problem-solving skills.
• Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Possess the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Ability to work in a fluid environment.
Illustrative Essential Functions:
• Must be able to adjust schedule to support 24/7 manufacturing, may include working hours outside of a typical day shift, including weekends as needed.
• Wear personal protective equipment daily; continuously reach, push/pull; frequently twist; occasionally stoop/bend; intermittently crouch, climb, and balance; use hands for repetitive fine manipulation, pushing, pulling and lifting up to and in excess of 50 lbs. and talk and hear under noisy conditions. Visual acuity and taste to discern product variation as well as troubleshooting.
• Utilize and operate company provided tools and equipment as well as some personal tools.
• Must have the ability to apply common sense and understanding when carrying out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
• Must have the ability to effectively and efficiently prioritize and organize various tasks.
• Must have the ability to demonstrate superb decision-making skills to determine the best course of action when performing the responsibilities of the job
• Must demonstrate the ability to identify potential challenges within the process and when to notify operational and maintenance leadership to prevent process failures
• Working conditions frequently includes a cool indoor food production environment and occasional freezer environment, and intermittent outdoor environment. Clean environment, requiring hand washing every time you go on the floor 20+/- times a day.
• Operate with infrequent supervision and be self directed with the aide of a maintenance schedule.
• The following job functions are not all-inclusive. The employee will be required to perform other job-related tasks/responsibilities requested by the supervisor. Job duties may change as required by needs of the company.
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You’ll be part of the largest Certified B Corp™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect.