ABOUT THE JOB:
At Danone, Manufacturing the best products and supplying them to meet demand is a key driver for our plant teams. We are looking for a JR Plant Industrialization Manager in our West Jordan, Utah manufacturing plant.
In this role you will support the manufacturing operations in executing testing for validation and specification conformity of packaging, ingredients, and finished product. The primary focus will be on industrialization of packaging, product, productivity, innovation, and renovation projects at the manufacturing facility. The Junior PIM will work closely with the Plant Industrialization Manager on prioritization of projects and testing requirements.
Additionally you will:
· Collect, enter, analyze, and summarize test data as it relates to analytical and dimensional packaging and finished product tests.
· Operate and maintain analytical bench test equipment for packaging.
· Perform analysis according to plan of control and/or material non-conformities. Document findings, analyze the trends, and put together quality action plans.
· Support and lead innovation/renovation plant trials.
· Ensures pre-trial tasks are completed and aligned to with clearly defined success criteria, internal and external trial resource availability, test material-ingredient arrival into plant and validate within specification.
· Trial leader during the actual trial ensuring objectives are being met within approved downtime schedule and manage root cause / next steps if breakdowns occur.
· Ensure post-trial tasks are completed and aligned to: provide Industrial results to be included in final R&D trial report including: success criteria results, data collection summary, recommendation on next steps/needs, and elevate any risks identified.
· Other post-trial tasks: document trial material-ingredient consumption and provide cost summary of trial, sample/pallet shipment coordination, and ongoing test material inventory management.
· Provide expertise and/or utilize subject matter experts in troubleshooting issues during trials and Stage 3 final validation.
· Coordinate all sample shipments of materials, white mass, etc. to external sites.
· Help ensure compliance to Danone and Regulatory Quality Systems schemas; e.g. FSSC 22000, PrP, TDH/FDA, Danone Audits
· Support Quality systems: e.g the plant ISO and HACCP initiatives.
· Support development of quality SOPs and ensure QARs are followed up as it relates to materials.
· Train the operational teams when needed on quality related topics such as GMP, quick hits and also support the development of quality SOPs and OPL (one point lessons) and ensure that quality action reports are followed up.