AT A GLANCE, YOU WILL
Work with many brands
About the job
Danone is a major FMCG company in the UK, with market leading brands across three divisions: Waters (Evian, Volvic), Dairies (Actimel, Activia, Shape) and Specialised Nutrition division which joins Early Life Nutrition and Advanced Medical Nutrition (Aptamil, Cow & Gate, Neocate, Fortisip).
You’ve probably never heard of Nutricia Advanced Medical Nutrition but read on and you’ll be glad you did. We are part of Danone’s Specialised Nutrition Division and are Europe’s largest specialist nutrition company and the market leader in the UK. We specialise in the delivery of medical nutrition for the very young, the old and the sick, supplying high quality feeds to patients and consumers. Our purpose is to pioneer nutritional discoveries that help people live longer, healthier lives.
When it comes to finding a great place to work there are plenty of things to look for: inspirational colleagues, freedom in your job to make a real difference, and a shared ethos you can truly believe in. Throw in top perks, a responsive and dynamic environment and unrivalled opportunities to develop personally and professionally and you’ve found something pretty special. You’ve found Danone.
Here at Danone we put people at the centre of everything we do – whether we’re developing ground-breaking new products, taking care of individual patients, or supporting the community. And if you join us you can expect exactly that sort of attention too.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Quality Team as the Internal Compliance Officer.
Main areas of accountability will include:
· Responsible for the implementation, maintenance and application of the Food Defence Procedures including responsibility surrounding the Food Defence team. Detailed responsibilities defined in local Food Defence procedure.
· You will act as the main point of contact for Food Defence on site.
· In capacity as Food Defence Coordinator, work alongside the site Facilities Manager and Security to ensure compliance to the Food Defence Procedures.
· Assist the Governance Manager in the development and maintenance of the site Quality Management System (including site templates), which reflects the site’s commitment to Food Safety, Legality and Quality and satisfies third party requirements. Ensure that the system satisfies the requirements of the Central requirements, FDA/FSMP and country specific requirements for product registration
· Trending, monitoring, and implementation of continuous improvement for various Quality processes
· Assist the Governance Manager in maintaining and improving the Quality System through audits and system reviews and ensure that effective corrective action is taken when necessary.
· Responsible for the co-ordination and completion of the site’s Management Review, including the generation of the Management Review report
· Support in maintaining the training matrices for the Quality Group and any suggestions for improvement
· Responsible for the maintenance and management of the site Crisis Management documentation as well as facilitating the site BUCM in completion of the Vestalis process
· In your capacity as Crisis Management Facilitator, you are also responsible for assisting the BUCM in organising the annual simulation exercise and assisting in the annual Crisis Audit
· Responsible for the review, maintenance, and upkeep of the legal register
· Responsible for the communication and office-based activity relating to TSO and EHO activities on site
· Responsible for working collaboratively with the operations and engineering function to deliver sustainable solutions to drive a continuous improvement mindset
· Provide support during external audits such as ISO, FDA, EHO, Corporate audits
· Assist in change management and the review across site
· Assist in FSI (Corporate Standards) projects and ensuring relevant systems/processes are compliant
In return we offer a competitive salary + bonus. Additional benefits include double matched pension, annual bonus,life assurance You will also be entitled to opt into a range of flexible benefits which you can pick to suit your lifestyle. These include discounted gym membership, childcare vouchers, dental cover, optical insurance, travel insurance, holiday buy & sell and much more!
What you will get
· Exposure at all levels and multiple functions within DANONE organization.
· The role allows the opportunity to directly contribute to the growth and development of a team.
· Highly transversal role which gives a wide breadth of development opportunity, working actively with most of the companies function (Operations, Finance, Engineering, Product Development, Process Technology, Facilities & Security)
· Opportunity to influence and support key drivers in different functional areas
· .Exposure to international and cultural complexities
· English Speaking
· Professionally experienced
· Experience of previously supporting FDA, FSSC 22000 and ISO accreditations
· Educated to degree level or industry experienced/ Professional qualifications
· Experience of working in a Quality environment essential
· Experience of manufacturing preferred
· Strong Quality Management /Improvement background advantageous
· Relevant academic qualifications/experience
· Crisis Management experience advantageous
· Significant work experience in leading teams in pharma or FMCG environment
· Capable of working on multiple priorities and setting targets and timeframes
· Project management skills
· Adaptable enough to work in an environment that changes / challenges daily
· Ability to work in a pressurised, heavily targeted, and measured environment
· The Role is assessed against the Quality Functional Road map and is highly transversal internally within Quality as well as other Danone functions such as Product Development, Production, Planning, Finance
· Balancing operational requirements against strategic vision
· Developing and managing strong relations within internal and external stakeholders
· Ability to look at bigger picture of requirements whilst working at day-to-day detail level
· Decisions taken can impact patients’ lives, as it’s a sole source of nutrition and requires contact with medical advisory groups at times
If you think this role might be of interest, click the link to apply and you’ll be redirected to the Danone website. The closing date for applications is Monday 12th December 2022.
You can find further details about us, and other potential roles at www.danone.com .