AT A GLANCE, YOU WILL
Work with many brands
About the job
Danone is a major FMCG company in the UK, with market leading brands across three divisions: Waters (Evian, Volvic), Dairies (Actimel, Activia, Shape), Early Life Nutrition (Aptamil, Cow & Gate) and Nutricia Advanced Medical Nutrition (Neocate, Fortisip).
Early Life Nutrition and Advanced Medical Nutrition, which constitute the Specialized Nutrition category, offer nutritional solutions with the shared goal of improving the health and well-being of vulnerable individuals. This ambition stretches from the first day of pregnancy into old age, with similar activities in terms of innovation and scientific research. Specialized Nutrition focuses on allergies, from prevention to treatment, with Early Life Nutrition and Advanced Medical Nutrition working hand-in-hand to foster synergies and strengthen Danone's leading position in this sector. The Nutricia brand is a key asset for both businesses, thanks to a medical legacy of more than 120 years and a recognition of health leaders around the world.
Nutricia is Europe’s largest specialist nutrition company and the market leader in the UK. We specialise in the delivery of medical nutrition for the very young, the old and the sick, supplying high quality feeds to patients and consumers. Our purpose is to pioneer nutritional discoveries that help people live longer, healthier lives.
When it comes to finding a great place to work there are plenty of things to look for: inspirational colleagues, freedom in your job to make a real difference, and a shared ethos you can truly believe in. Throw in top perks, a responsive and dynamic environment and unrivalled opportunities to develop personally and professionally and you’ve found something pretty special. You’ve found Danone.
Here at Danone we put people at the centre of everything we do – whether we’re developing ground-breaking new products, taking care of individual patients, or supporting the community. And if you join us you can expect exactly that sort of attention too.
About the role
We are looking for Hygiene Operators on permanent contract. Our Hygiene Operators will support the operations team in terms of specialist cleaning responsibilities on a 24/7 shift pattern to meet the requirements defined within the corporate 5P principles, good manufacturing, good housekeeping practices and HACCP standards in all areas. Additional responsibilities include the replenishment and stock maintenance of consumables, responsible for the waste management of the site. You will be required to work and support the Engineering, Facilities, Warehouse and Microbiology departments to maintain a high standard of service to internal and external suppliers and customers.
You’ll have a structured on-boarding and learning programme when you commence. Your starting salary is £23,560.51 + 33% shift allowance and bonus. Once you have completed your training and demonstrated that you are fully competent you can expect to be earning a competitive salary of £24,719.91 + 33% shift allowance + bonus.
What will I be doing day to day?
· Operating in accordance with Health and Safety regulations at all times
· Raise Safety tags in the event of unsafe behaviour/acts are observed
· Part of the spill response team, to manage and be the first point of contact if any spills occur around the site
· Ensuring High Care and Medium Care is cleaned to a standard that will eliminate/reduce bacteria to an acceptable level
· Ability to anticipate any environmental issues
· Operating and maintaining equipment (not limited to) :
· Scrubber Dryer; I-mop; Parts washer; Washing machine and Dryer
· Ability to provide maximum flexibility as a team to ensure completion of all cleaning required and continuous production operation
· Cleaning of equipment parts, scoops, drums etc in the equipment washer on the second floor high care area
· Follow SOPs
· Ability to prioritize between tasks to ensure the hygiene standards are not compromised
· Proactively manage training records
· Removal from all sources of waste from all areas
· Provide training to team members on request
· Performing planned scheduled deep cleaning
· Continual replenishment of all consumables
· Managing and delivering micro-biological swabs on request
· Supporting Audits
· Quality & Food Safety to Danone Standard
· Represent Nutricia during customer site visits
· To follow the company's code behavior policy by being committed, open, a doer and be empowered
· A flexible approach (as part of business needs) to hours worked and jobs undertaken
· Communicate with own team and other departments at all levels
What does the ideal candidate look like:
· Understanding of 5P principles and GMP, GHP and HACCP quality standards
· Existing knowledge of industrial cleaning practices
· Understanding of Allergen management
· Active Team Player
· Positive 'doer' attitude
· Highly committed and a flexible approach
· Good numeracy & literacy skills
· Ability to coach, develop others and strong demonstrable team working skills
· Strong communication skills
· Basic Food Safety Certificate preferred
· Ability to follow documented procedures
· Problem solving skills.
· Ability to make decisions based on data and information received.
How do I apply?
Interested in this role and have the experience we are looking for? You can submit your CV through the link and answer a few questions before Tuesday 7th March 2023 .