AT A GLANCE, YOU WILL
Work with many brands
About the job
Danone is a leading food and drink company, built on a health-focussed and fast-growing portfolio. With over 100 years of expertise, we care about the products we make, and we care equally about how we make them. We operate across multiple production sites as well as offices in the UK & Ireland – these sites are led by our people who power everything we do and are the key to our success.
Danone Specialised Nutrition is Europe’s largest specialist nutrition company and the market leader in the UK. We specialise in the delivery of medical nutrition for the very young, the old and the sick, supplying high quality feeds to patients and consumers. Our purpose is to pioneer nutritional discoveries that help people live longer, healthier lives.
When it comes to finding a great place to work there are plenty of things to look for: inspirational colleagues, freedom in your job to make a real difference, and a shared ethos you can truly believe in. Throw in top perks, a responsive and dynamic environment and unrivalled opportunities to develop personally and professionally and you’ve found something pretty special. You’ve found Danone.
Warehouse Operator role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a 12-month fixed term contract for a Warehouse operator along with a 3 month opportunity. Our Warehouse Operatives are expected to maintain a safe, high standard of service to internal and external suppliers and customers across Inbound and Outbound units of the Warehouse. The ideal candidate will be a reliable team player, can think on their feet and have excellent attention to detail.
We operate on a rotating 24/7 shift pattern. You’ll have a structured on-boarding and learning programme when you commence. You can expect to be earning a competitive salary of £21769.73 + 33% shift allowance + bonus. You will also be eligible for our award-winning flexible rewards and benefits package and excellent pension provision. You’ll also get the support and guidance to personally develop and shape your career whilst contributing to the performance of the business.
What skills will I need for this role..
· Good team-working and communication skills
· An understanding of health and safety requirements
· Problem solving skills and a logical mindset
· Excellent written English and Maths
· Basic IT skills (interaction with MES system, SAP)
· Ability to follow documented procedures
· Ability to make decisions based on data and information received
· Ability to question and improve current working practices while following change control procedures
· Ability to think ahead to maintain operational efficiency
· Ability to prioritise between tasks
· Ability to perform in a high performance team in a changing and complex environment
· Capable of working on multiple priorities within tight deadlines
If you think this role might be of interest, please send your CV and covering letter to us by Friday 1st July. Please note if we receive a high number of applicants we may close the vacancy early.
You can find further details about us, and other potential roles at www.danone.com.