AT A GLANCE, YOU WILL
Work with many brands
About the job
Vision of the role:
Danone North America has an amazing opportunity for a Category Analyst located in Broomfield, CO . Provide category analysis and support to drive category growth with customers. Derive insights from category analyses that support Category Management Team and Sales Team in developing profitable and successful category and customer plans. Manage, analyze, and develop fact-based reporting tools to deliver concise category management recommendations and identify opportunities for category growth. Support customers with planogram building recommendations.
You will be accountable for:
Become a thought leader and go-to advisor at the customer(s) and customer teams by developing / customizing category stories and executing the category vision to drive category growth
· Create and execute on a plan to become the go to category expert with assigned customers and markets
· Customize Danone category roles and strategies to partner with customer and customer teams in conjunction with their go to market strategy and category vision to drive mutual growth
· Category expert at center for best category knowledge and newest category management insights
· Educate the customer and sales team on consumer, channel, and category insights, including category stories that influence customers to act
· Bring a category perspective to joint business planning discussions and customer plans to drive category and Danone overall growth
Influence the planogram development process and adjacency analysis
· Go to resource for customer teams to utilize customized category and macro space allocations to identify and act on opportunities to influence the customer Planogram
· Educate customer teams to identify adjacency opportunities (e.g., expanding natural portion of dairy refrigerated space) and execute to capture these opportunities
· Develop and influence customer to implement custom category assortment plans
· Training expert for space management ( JDA ) resources / expert to develop Planograms, to execute customer / Division initiatives to support strategy, drive sales and execution of category vision
Collect and use data and shopper insights to execute the category vision and drive category growth
· COE resource to develop depth in category knowledge by working with the sales customer teams and the Go to Market teams
· Stay abreast of customer, shopper, channel, and consumer insights across enterprise wide categories and customers
· COE resource to collect, and synthesize market and shopper research to build category knowledge, understand competitive dynamics and recognize shopper purchasing behavior that support building a customer-specific category story
· COE resource to train and identify category trends, fair share opportunity gaps, and share of wallet and leakage opportunities that lead to customer recommendations
· COE resource to train teams to identify opportunities and develop customized price and promotional optimization stories to drive mutual category growth
· COE resource to train customer teams and others to track consumer and category performance metrics that drive the category (AWOP / Penetration / Frequency / AMPS) at customer level
Category and Shopper Marketing Capabilities management
· Subject matter expert for multiple Space Management Systems including JDA, SMSB, etc.
· Training, tool capability rollout, liaison with solution partners.
· Liaison with IT & vendors on Technical issues
· You will have a 4 year college degree in Business or related field (Finance, Marketing, etc.)
· You will have 1-3 years previous work experience
· You will have knowledge of syndicated data and space management preferred
· You will be an expert in Excel to migrate multiple data sources into reporting tools
· You must be willing to travel occasionally
At Danone, we believe that every time we eat or drink, we vote for the world we want. As a leading food and beverage company, we make healthy, sustainably-produced foods and beverages that nourish people’s lives. Some of our brands include Dannon, Activia, Horizon Organic, International Delight, Silk, Oikos, So Delicious Dairy Free, Stok, Two Good, Vega, and Wallaby Organic. And as one of the largest Certified B Corporation® in the world, we are committed to redefining success in business to ensure that through our brands we create real benefits for people, our communities, and the planet.With headquarters in Broomfield, CO and White Plains, NY, Danone North America has more than 6,000 employees across the U.S. and Canada, and more than a dozen manufacturing facilities across North America. Our employees enjoy competitive pay and industry-leading benefits including flexible time off (no yearly cap) and up to 26 weeks gender-neutral paid parental leave, and share a common mission and culture committed to both business results and social purpose. When you join Danone North America, you become part of a global team that is inspiring a healthier world through food. Please join us in nourishing lives & inspiring a healthier world through food! Learn more @www.danonenorthamerica.com
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect.
The base compensation range for this position is $60,000-$65,000. Danone North America additionally offers a performance-based bonus and has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug Coverage, 401k Plan, Wellness Program, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Flexible Time Off, and Paid Parental Bonding Leave, among other benefit plan options.