AT A GLANCE, YOU WILL
Work with many brands
About the job
About the Job:
Our Finance team works with teams across the company to ensure Danone continues to grow. By joining our Finance team, you will anticipate and evaluate the financial impact of decisions and find the right way forward. We are currently looking to hire an Associate Manager for Channel Planning Commercial Finance to support the Kroger account, based preferably in Cincinnati, Denver, or New York area!
Vision of the role:
Help develop customer and financial plans for Danone's business by segment that meets the top-down targets and executional targets and represents the needs of the customer. Bridge the company strategy to fit with the customer strategy and priorities in order to achieve sustainable, profitable growth. Manage customer plan for the short, medium, and long-term. Understand Danone North America context at the customer and plan towards addressing the opportunities with the customer given that context.
In this role, you will have the following objectives and key responsibilities:
• Assist sales with the development of customer level plans by segment to do the bottoms-up build for commercial planning (Volume forecast)
• Facilitate annual planning process and prepare key hand-offs
• Gather critical customer information/agenda to build a robust customer plan (e.g., current business development opportunities, innovation, operational execution, assortment variations, exclusive SKUs, etc.)
• Work with the customer teams to build customer specific plans with the guidance provided by Trade Marketing and BUs while acknowledging customer specific needs - includes specific trade/shopper events; volume, gross sales, net sales, trade rates; new product launches that fall within reset windows, etc.
• Coordinate refinements to the customer plans as iterations occur to resolve gaps to BU targets
• Perform full promotion plan annual management (vs. event / incremental funding approval)
• Oversee that all plans are accurately input into Trade Promotion Management system (Kantar Xtel) and customer contracts are created to match plans that were aligned to
• Acting as financial lead supporting Finance Director & Sales Director in driving top-line growth profitably
• Owning the P&L for sales division and customer/s
• Modeling and quantifying financial impact of potential strategies
• Creating financial forecasts, Gross sales to Net Sales
• Key liaison between field and revenue growth management team to drive growth in the customer plans
• Performing and sharing ROI insights on customer promotional activity
• Provide financial input to strategic direction
• Analyze and share Divisional financial performance with Sales/Finance leaders
• Keep Sales informed about total company financial performance & how the Division contributed
• Find divisional efficiency opportunities
• Design, develop and maintain division reporting tools to drive accountability
• Incorporate specific customer and business insights into the company’s planning process
• Assist with the development of the long-term vision (2 to 4 years) for the customer
• You have a Bachelor’s degree
• You have 2 to 4 years of relevant experience. CPG Sales Finance experience (preferred)
• You have strong analytical skills
• You have experience managing P&L
• You have ROI and Financial analysis experience
• You have experience working cross-functionally
• You have strong Excel & PowerPoint skills, Kantar Xtel skills would be a plus
• You have managerial & leadership Competencies
• You have people management experience (preferred)
The base compensation range for this position is $69k-104k commensurate with experience. Danone North America additionally offers a performance-based bonus and has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug Coverage, 401k Plan, Wellness Program, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Flexible Time Off, and Paid Parental Bonding Leave, among other benefit plan options. To give our employees flexibility, Danone is a hybrid work environment with opportunities to work both remotely and in office when desired.
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family . You’ll be part of one of the largest Certified B Corps™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU .
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf