We are looking for highly motivated and ambitious interns who are interested in learning about languages. Our internship program has been running for 10 years and we have been able to offer many of the best interns full time employment at the end of their 6 month internship.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
• Liaising with linguists and customers
• Query resolution
• Liaising with DTP and engineering resources
• Project planning and scheduling
• Invoicing and budget management
• Working with CAT tools and managing linguistic assets
• Negotiation and mediation
• Quality assurance and adherence to ISO 9001 & 17100
As part of the Production Department you will be contacting a wide variety of linguists worldwide, English is usually a common language across all suppliers. This contact will be by email and on the phone so a high level of English is required.
We are a high-tech business in a high-tech industry so applicants should be computer literate and have experience in the following:
• MS Office (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) Intermediate – Advanced
• CAT tools (e.g. SDL Trados, MemoQ, Multiterm etc.) Beginner – Intermediate
We use the latest TMS and CAT applications. Full training will be provided but applicants should feel confident in using and learning new technologies.
£650-£750 per month
Codex runs a very successful internship program and we are proud to have been able to help the best interns into full time employment with us at the end of their internship. With this in mind, we only consider applicants who are in their final year of study and therefore potentially available for employment following their internship and/or that are not studying anymore. We can support interns for the duration of the program by giving them relevant projects to work on as well as time to finalise their dissertations.