BroadWorks Consulting Engineer
- Location:London, England, United Kingdom
- Area of InterestCustomer Experience
- Job TypeProfessional
- Technology InterestInternet of Everything
- Job Id1236638
Who You’ll Work With
Working in a highly dynamic environment directly with the end customer, this job represents a unique challenge to the right individual. They will join a motivated delivery team that are experienced in achieving quality outcomes under tight deadlines by aligning themselves with the customers overall goals and expectations. You will be mostly dedicated to a specific customer in the UK, but may also be working with other customers within EMEA. You will mostly work from your home office or Cisco office but depending on the project or work required, you may be required to travel within EMEA and (occasionally) to USA. You may also be required to work flexible hours and during some evening/night/weekend time for special migration or platform operations.
What You’ll Do
The Consultant Engineer will help Cisco’s customers, typically large tier 1 service providers but also some tier 2 or large enterprises, design, deploy, integrate, test and support their BroadWorks based VoIP/UC/Collaboration/FMC solutions. The Consultant will also be supporting customers with subscriber migration projects as well as consulting and training engagements. It is primarily a customer facing job to be performed both onsite and remotely depending on the need.
Your main duties and responsibilities:
- You will gather customer requirements in order to understand their needs and facilitate their goals. For example, by attending or leading several onsite design workshops to gather and document all the solution design requirements and use that as input for creating a BroadWorks-based HLD and LLD.
- You will support customers with configuration and end-to-end integration of BroadWorks servers and clients with the rest of the solution components (OSS/BSS, IMS Core, SBC, Gateways, CPE, Mobile networks, etc.).
- You will support customers building and/or executing acceptance test plans to validate the deployed solution end to end.
- You will assist customers with the development and testing of tools and MOPs to migrate BroadWorks from/to other platforms, architectures or releases (upgrades). For example, supporting a customer migrating subscribers and features from an external or legacy platform.
- You will review or audit existing VoIP/BroadWorks designs or systems and provide feedback, recommendations or best practices to the customer.
- You will work closely and in a collaborative manner with BroadSoft account teams and Professional Services colleagues (project managers and other consultants/engineers).
- Training/workshops: you will introduce customers, partners and subcontractor teams to BroadWorks and its features, functions, interfaces and network integration best practices.
Who You Are
The minimum/ideal qualifications required to successfully perform the job are:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in a relevant technical field/engineering
Specialized Technical Knowledge or Skills
- Expert level of VoIP technologies/protocols (SIP, SDP, RTP)
- Strong knowledge and experience with SIP based application servers, clients/devices and features (e.g. PBX or Centrex features, UC)
- Ideally, working knowledge of SBCs, IMS architecture, and Mobile network (legacy, MMTEL, VoLTE)
- Strong IP networking experience (routing, IP addressing, DNS, firewalls)
- Strong Unix/Linux knowledge (advanced user or sys admin level)
- Sufficient shell script, Perl, XML or other programming capability
- Strong knowledge of Internet and DB protocols: HTTP, SSL, SNMP, SMTP, DNS, XML, SQL, Security
- Strong team player
- Excellent consulting, communications and presentation skills
- Excellent written and documentation skills
- Ability to work independently, remotely or onsite, defining and prioritizing tasks, and identifying necessary resources for success
- Attention to detail and project management
- Fluent English and experience with working with international customers/colleagues
- Demonstrable experience designing, integrating and/or supporting VoIP networks
- Experience with BroadWorks obviously a plus
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco