What You'll Do
We are looking for an experienced Systems Engineer to help design, deploy, automate and maintain the core infrastructure and systems which runBroadCloud Unified Communication services portfolio.
These systems include Backups, Patching, Storage, Hardware, DNS, Operating Systems, Configuration Management and anything else needed to ensure continuous operation of the product environments.
These systems are based on premise and in public clouds, on Windows and Linux, virtualised and physical, and full life cycle from design through to maintenance.
With access to the latest Cisco technologies you'll help the team drive improvement and expansion in our global network to support the constantly evolving service profile in collaboration with the wider BroadCloud Engineering group.
Who You'll Work With
Do you love technology? Then working as a Systems Engineer at Cisco will be like a kid in a candy store. In the Systems Engineering team you'll become Collaborator, a Consultant and a Visionary. You can be the Superhero that helps fix stuff!
You'll be working with the BroadCloud Engineering team, distributed globally within the Cisco Collaboration Group.
Who you are
As an experienced Engineer you will have a wide range of skills and interests. You will have a passion for automation and new technology and proven track record working with complex platforms.
The minimum required skills are as follow:
- Experience with an enterprise Backup product (NetBackup 8.x a bonus).
- Hands-on experience with a configuration management system such as Ansible or Puppet.
- Good knowledge of one of more scripting languages such as Python, Powershell, Bash.
- Strong knowledge of Linux, preferably a RedHat based distribution.
- Experience in change management, particularly writing methods for maintenance plans.
- Experience designing, operating and troubleshooting large scale distributed systems in a 24x7 production environment.
- Working within compliance frameworks (PCI, SOX, ISO, FedRAMP, GDPR).
- Good knowledge SAN storage concepts such as LUNs, zoning, deduplication.
- Experience with at least one cloud platform.
- Experience with ESXi version 6.x