What You'll Do
We are looking for an experienced systems engineer to join our team to help design, deploy, automate and maintain the systems which run our Unified Communications platform.
You'll manage systems based on premise and in public clouds, on windows and linux, virtualised and physical, and full life cycle from design through to maintenance.
Who You'll Work With
You'll be part of the global systems engineering team, supporting systems deployed in more than a dozen locations around the world.
Who You Are
We are looking for an experienced systems engineer with a wide range of skills and interests. You will have a passion for automation and new technology and proven track record working on complex platforms.
As an experienced engineer we expect a good selection of the following skills:
- Experience with at least one cloud platform
- Good knowledge of one of more scripting languages such as Python, Powershell, Bash
- Experience with automated operating system deployments
- Hands-on experience with a configuration management / automation system such as Ansible or Puppet
- Good knowledge SAN storage concepts such as LUNs, zoning, deduplication
- Experience with ESXi version 6 and up
- Experience with one or more database platform, Oracle, MySQL, MsSQL
- Strong knowledge of Linux, preferably a RedHat based distribution.
- An interest in security
- Good understanding of WAN, LAN, TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, HTTPS, DNS; experience with traffic captures.
- Experience designing, operating and troubleshooting large scale distributed systems in a 24x7 production environment
- Knowledge of version control systems
- Experience in change management, particularly writing methods for maintenance plans.
- Experience with container platforms