What You'll Do
As a member of this dynamic and international team, you will play an integral part in the DevOps software engineering process, working in a cross-functional team on industry-leading enterprise collaboration products as well as developing tools and features to support the test automation infrastructure. You are a flexible individual who can quickly adapt to new challenges and requirements, with a particular emphasis on ensuring quality and reliability of delivered software.
You will be following an Agile Scrum-like process in handling workload, prioritising work, communicating progress and Sprint planning. You will be responsible for development, testing and delivery of various pieces of work. You might also be required to interact with the Cisco teams based in Silicon Valley via our advanced conferencing solutions and on occasion through fully funded business travel.
There are opportunities to attend on-site training courses and external industry conferences.
•Working as part of a team to deliver high-quality new features for our meeting server portfolio
• Developing new ways of testing to improve product quality and reliability
• Creating and maintaining fully automated tests, and contributing to our test infrastructure (Python)
• Utilising exploratory testing to identify defects early in the SDLC
• Helping to diagnose, reproduce and fix issues found by internal users and customers
• Monitoring of and improvements to our Continuous Integration pipeline
Who You'll Work With
Cloud Collaboration Technology Group (CCTG) is part of a specialist centre for Cisco Collaboration Engineering located at Cisco EMEAR headquarters in Feltham and Uxbridge.
You will work in a successful collaboration product development team who are industry world leaders in developing collaboration technology. We are looking to grow our application, system and security teams working on a wide range of products including our leading scalable Cisco meeting server portfolio. You'll gain a unique opportunity to gain a wide range of experience in networking, video and collaboration technologies.
Who You Are
You are a developer and you want your software to work really well. You enjoy solving difficult problems to find and fix bugs, creating more reliable and higher quality software.
You like to automate workflows for a CI environment and for quicker development and testing.
You know how to analyse problems with software and you love to learn new skills and use the latest tools.
You are naturally curious and can use your creativity and intuition to explore, investigate and evaluate the quality of feature development.
• Hands on experience of QA or software development
• Experience in testing software, preferably using Python
• Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies.
• Familiarity with test automation tools and frameworks like Selenium or Cucumber.
• Familiarity with DevOps, continuous integration, continuous delivery.
• Familiarity with multithreaded/event driven/asynchronous software.
• Familiarity with virtualisation software and containers (Docker).
• Familiarity with writing automation scripts for networking media applications
• Familiarity with open source tools like GStreamer and OpenCV
• Familiarity with C/C++
• Exposure to communication networking protocols
• Exposure to cryptography
• Exposure to video and audio encoding, and processing techniques and technologies
You have earned a good degree at a top university and have gained 1+ years of work experience in high-performance environments. Moreover, you have a proven track record of personal and academic achievements, and can demonstrate an ongoing interest in technology and development.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colourful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool.Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco