Security Testbed Project Engineer, UK (1226571)
- Location:London, England, United Kingdom
- Area of InterestSales - Product
- Job TypeProfessional
- Technology InterestSecurity
- Job Id1226571
Security Testbed Project Engineer, UK
Security is more relevant and important than ever before. Our customers have limited resources, time and money whereas Attackers have all the time in the world and unlimited resources to plan and execute attacks. It is now more important than ever that we help our customers improve their security posture.
What You'll Do
Cisco has an exciting Project Engineer role open in our Global Security Sales Organization (GSSO)! As GSSO Testbed Project Engineer, you will be a highly motivated, customer focused professional who has a passion for delivering world-class technology and services that protect our customers from the network to the endpoint to the Cloud. As part of your DNA, you are a self-starter with strong technical skills, an engaging personality, and the capacity to work with or without supervision and has a strong desire to develop new skills and be a great team player!
Your day-to-day activities include Installing and removing equipment, managing cabling and power, updating management systems and documentation, AD Account Management – troubleshooting, scrutinizing daily exception reports, managing and validating backups, participating in daily Ops Team calls. Additionally, you'll produce high quality documentation (Visio 0r Omnigraffle) and collate and present capacity planning data to larger team.
In this job you will,
- Manage network infrastructure - code upgrades, log file management, troubleshooting, configuring interfaces, access lists etc.
- Manage a VMware vSphere environment
- Work with Cisco IOS and/or NXOS, including the latest code revisions, upgrading/downgrading code and the CLI
- Work with Cisco ISR hardware, including Network Modules, Interface Cards, Power over Ethernet, etc.
- Demonstrate in-depth working knowledge of VLAN, STP and Trunking
- Image bare metal servers and install VMware vSphere
- Install Windows, Linux and appliance O/S on Virtual Machines
- Transfer files using FTP, TFTP, USB, Flash drives, etc.
- Open and manage cases / trouble tickets with third-party vendors
- Demonstrate knowledge of troubleshooting from Layer 1 through Layer 7 of the OSI model
- Demonstrate knowledge of SSH, HTTPS, and VPN in a Cisco environment
- 5 years experience in a hands-on data center operations role including data center power and network cabling systems
- 3 years experience administering Microsoft Windows Server environments
- 3 years experience managing server infrastructure
- 3 years experience managing and configuring Cisco network infrastructure
- 3 years experience physically building data center racking
- 3 years experience working with VMware ESX
- Demonstrable understanding of networking and IP theory, and Virtualization theory
- Significant skill and interest in troubleshooting
- Some exposure to Linux, NetApp storage
- Ability to produce high quality documentation
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Highly motivated self-starter that does not need day-to-day management
- Ability to travel (approx. 10% travel)
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.