Next Generation Partner Account Manager
- Location:London, England, United Kingdom
- Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
- Job TypeProfessional
- Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security, Software Development, Testing, Wireless, Mobility
- Job Id1236773
Next Generation Partner Account Manager
Cisco Systems is the worldwide leader in IT and Networking. We help companies of all sizes
transformhow people connect, communicate, and collaborate.
What You'll Do:
Cisco delivers our innovation to customers through our world class ecosystem of valued Cisco Partners. The NG Partner Account Manager role is critical in evolving, growing and supporting this ecosystem and driving accelerated growth across our Premier and Select Partner community. You will be a critical figure in the overall partner's growth, profitability and customer relevance and you will be rewarded based on these metrics.
The NGPAM role involves, but is not limited to the following activities:
- Create and maintain effective relationships with 2Tier partner executives to increase Cisco's relevance to their business.
- Build a position of trusted business advisor, including; partner advocacy to Cisco, partner management & partner profitability.
- Develop key relationships with Cisco stakeholders including the Commercial and Public Sector sales segments, distribution, virtual partner management team and architecture business units.
- Ensure that partners have the necessary accreditations to sell or provide managed services on the relevant Cisco technologies.
- Ensure partners optimise their commercial structures around Cisco profitability programmes (e.g. Cisco Services Partner Program, Value Incentive Programme, Annuity etc)
- Host regular multi-partner events showcasing our offerings across architectures, sales, financing, marketing and services/software.
- Introduce new technology and service offerings to partners and ensure these are added to their portfolio and brought to market in a timely fashion.
- Set growth targets, establish support structure and review and control achievement
- Maintain awareness of competitive threats and how to counter them. Understand competitors' technologies, along with their strengths and weaknesses.
- Business Development
- Encourage co-marketing activities and targeted partner marketing funds spending in alignment with the marketing team
- Maintain and drive sales pipeline activity
- Manage interactions with all functions, including interface to Cisco EMEAR and WW Partner functions
- Own and manage weekly booking process activities with partners in close alignment with Cisco sales operations and operation lead
Who You'll Work With
You will work as a core member of the Cisco UK Distribution/2 Tier channel team to manage both existing and newly identified partners. You will have close alignment with Cisco UK&I partner team, and the EMEAR Cisco architectures and Distribution team.
Who You Are
You bring at least 3+ years of sales experience in a dynamic IT, software, services and solution business.
- Demonstrate success in achieving and exceeding sales targets.
- You will have experience in driving cross functional teams in product management, service creation, or equivalent project based roles.
- Able to understand, articulate and position the value of a technology-based solution to the customer
- You will need to have a deep understanding in developing trusted partner relationships from individual contributor to executive level.
- Ability to match market requirements and partner strategy with state of the art technology solutions.
- Negotiation skills to craft solutions that are beneficial to our partners and Cisco overall.
- Confidence in applying business and financial expertise to identify and qualify opportunities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
At Cisco, each person brings their excellent talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colourful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco