Mixed Reality Software Engineer
- Location:San Francisco, California, US
- Additional Location(s)San Jose, CA (SJC); Dallas, TX; Oslo, Norway; London, UK
- Area of InterestEngineer - Software
- Job TypeProfessional
- Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
- Job Id1238492
What You'll Do
As part of the Collaboration CTO Horizon 3 Team your role and responsibilities will focus on:
- Designing and building applications using Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR), and Mixed Reality (MR) technologies.
- Working on advanced projects that will form the future of team collaboration.
- Exploring and staying current with the frontline of hardware and software in the AR/VR/MR industry.
- Integrating with other Cisco collaboration technologies and services.
Who You'll Work With
We are a team of creators and technologists who are passionate about changing the way people collaborate. We have backgrounds in areas such as AR/VR, video, machine learning, and web technologies. You will use your complementary skills to work closely together with the team to produce innovative new experiences and validate with early adopters.
Who You Are
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- Experience creating applications for AR/VR/MR on multiple hardware and software platforms.
- Experience building applications with Unity targeting multiple platforms.
- 3-5 years experience developing with C#.
- Experience with rendering and texturing 3D assets produced by designers.
- Experience producing 2D content in Photoshop/Illustrator is a plus.
- Experience with OpenCV, computer vision, or processing live video is a plus.
- Experience with 3D modeling/CAD software is a plus.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco