Distribution Account Manager
- Location:London, England, United Kingdom
- Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
- Job TypeProfessional
- Technology InterestInternet of Everything
- Job Id1226991
Distribution Partner Account Manager
What You’ll Do
*Collaborate & build multi-level relationships both internally and externally that support distributor success
*Manage Distribution profitability and Partner Satisfaction
*Create a comprehensive business plan to support the joint business growth expectations for both Cisco and identified distributor.
*Manage and optimize distributors inventory & credit line usage
*Drive both architecture and sales segment growth plans within distribution. Align these plans to quarterly ‘back-end’ rebate goaling programs.
Implement marketing & market development plans with the assigned distributor and execute distribution marketing budgets with the assigned distributor.
*Communicate programs and promotions to Distribution sales teams and analyse usage trends
*Share Cisco VSEM ( internal visibility of plans ) and agree joint execution plans
*Develop & execute strategic sales and 2-tier partner enablement programs ensuring close alignment with the Commercial segment, 2 Tier partner channel and internal sales teams.
*Drive specific opportunities for 2nd Tier partner and the commercial growth
*Manage POS and booking forecasts & pipeline development on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis with high accuracy.
*To work closely & communicate effectively across all of Cisco's line of businesses to support the best outcomes for the business through distribution
Who You’ll Work With
You will work as a core member of the Cisco UK Distribution/2 Tier channel team to manage both existing and newly identified partners. You will have close alignment with Cisco UK&I partner team, and the EMEAR Cisco architectures and Distribution team.
Who You Are
You will bring at least 3 years Distribution experience in a fast-growth, high technology Distributor.
*Strong selling skills in major accounts and/or a territory is essential.
*Must have strong relationship selling skills within the channels / distribution community and be able to lead sales calls at every level of an account, executive level or otherwise.
*The role requires a self-starter with the ability to multi-task.
* Must be able to work as an individual and as part of a team
* Understanding of business organizations and their buying cycles is required. Indirect sales experience in IT industry, especially server/storage and networking is required.
*Deep knowledge of server virtualization, data centre optimization, and campus networking is required.
* Result driven with excellent negotiation and closing skills are a must.
*Requires practical experience using influence management to achieve goals.
*Should possess a general understanding of legal contracts.
*Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Prior management experience desirable.
*Excellent knowledge of MS Office, specifically MS Excel, possess an analytical mind with excellent accuracy to detail.
Responsibilities will include:-
* Provide weekly, monthly, quarterly forecasting - POS , Bookings and Quarter End Inventory and CBN
* Working with distributors to provide accurate forecast and minimize the variance.
*Working with distributors to provision right mix and right level of inventory
* Provide the distributors with regular performance updates / reviews
* Provide analysis and plan with distributors to develop and expand 2-tier partner coverage, capacity and capabilities.
* Work with Customer Service on expediting product delivery of distributor orders
* Communication of monthly promotional updates to the sales people / Product managers within the distributors
* Collaboration with distribution operations, architectural teams
* Analyse and feedback promotional usage trends
* Coordinating with the distributors on the usage of Co-op spend
* Organize and manage spiff and distributor sales floor enablement activities
At Cisco, each person brings their excellent talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colourful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco