What You'll Do
As a member of a dynamic and international team, you will play an integral part in the DevOps software engineering process, working on a complex next-generation media service platform that already hosts millions of minutes of meetings every day.
As a part of this team, you will use innovative cloud technologies to extend the feature set and reliability of the new cloud collaboration platform. Your work will help transitioning a Billion Dollar business into innovative technology and continuous deployment.
You will work on:
- State-of-the-art container orchestration
- Tuning applications to perform at extreme scale
- Hands off continuous integration and deployment
- Detection and auto remediation to achieve > 99.99% of service uptime
- Complex problem solving
You will be required to meet tight deadlines whilst effectively managing priorities and communicating progress. You will be responsible for delivery, performance, continuous improvement and agile software development tasks.
You will periodical part take in on call support, to be available for other teams that rely on platform services or when production services have issues, to investigate and remediate them.
You will also be required to interact considerably with Cisco Webex teams based in US, India and China remotely, and on occasion through foreign travel.
Who You'll Work With
The Cloud Collaboration Technology Group is redefining the future of cloud-based collaboration. We are creating a world where people come together effortlessly and enjoyably, on their own terms and with no limitations on device, location, time or distance.
Our group builds cutting-edge media technologies, deployed daily to numerous datacentres around the world. As a modern, dev-ops focused group, we are responsible for designing, building and running the services that provide the best-in-class audio and video experience that Cisco customers of products like WebEx and Spark enjoy and expect.
We are an agile, fun, passionate and upbeat team within Cisco. Our mission is to build and run an awesome cloud platform that is able to deliver an excellent virtual meetings experience at an unprecedented scale.
Who You Are
You are an enthusiastic and passionateengineer who is able to multitask, quickly learn new technologies and see solutions/issues through to the end, and who is flexibly able to work across software development, QA, operations and support.
- Ability and the passion to learn new things quickly
- Programming/Scripting languages (Python, Bash)
- Container technologies (Docker)
- Source control and continuous integration tools (Git, Jenkins)
Desired Technical Skills
- Experience of running real time communication services
- Configuration Management (Puppet, Ansible)
- Working with cloud providers (AWS, GCP)
- Container orchestration tooling like Kubernetes
- Tuning applications, systems for performance and scale
- Working with Logs and Metrics Stacks
- Working with Databases
- Working with Messaging Queues
- Network knowledge
- Experience with Micro Service Architecture
- Experience with security and secure engineering practices
- Virtualisation technologies (e.g. Xen, KVM, VMWare)
- Multimedia communication technologies and protocols (e.g. H.264, SIP, WebRTC)
- Other programming languages (e.g. Go, C++, Java)
You have earned an outstanding degree at a top university and able to demonstrate your passion for technology with personal and academic achievements.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.