What You’ll Do
The dCloud Platform team are looking for a Datacenter Cloud/DevOps Engineer to design, lead and support our application environments running in AWS, as well as build/support various toolsets used in our public cloud and on-prem environments.
Responsibilities for this job include:
- Manage/Support current dCloud application environments on AWS.
- Manage/Support existing toolsets used in deploying VPCs, EC2 instances and related services.
- Work with Operations to monitor and troubleshoot issues arising in the AWS environment.
- Design new AWS environments as part of new projects.
- Ensure security best practises are followed so as to maintain compliance with Cisco Infosec CATO certification.
- Design the AWS environments to incorporate new/relevant AWS features and functionality based on application needs.
- Work with Operations to implement AWS best practises on on-prem environments
- Design/Develop a platform strategy to use common toolsets, procedures, practices across both on-prem and AWS environments.
- Manage/Support On-prem Linux, Docker environments.
- Work with Tier 1/ Tier 2 support to troubleshoot issues on the dCloud platform
Who You'll Work With
Cisco Customer Engagements CoE (Center of Excellence) team’s primary directive is to help our sellers and partners accelerate their sales by providing Customers, Partners and Cisco Employees with a way to Experience Cisco Solutions. By demonstrating to customers how Cisco products can make them more productive, sales teams and partners can enlarge sales opportunities and shorten the sales cycle.
Customer Engagements CoE uses Cisco dCloud as the primary engine to provide a breadth of experiences ranging from large Cisco Events to a fully customized Managed POV customer engagement. From scripted, repeatable demos to fully customizable labs with complete administrative access, our Cloud platform provides content and access to field and channel partners on any network (internal & external), any device and in any location. Check out our cloud platform at http://dcloud.cisco.com
You will report to the Infrastructure Team Lead and will work closely with Software Development, Infrastructure, Operations, UI teams along with internal and external stakeholders.
Who You Are
- Experience delivering or building application environments running in AWS
- Experience supporting mission critical global services and network operations monitoring/alerting systems
- A deep understanding of Linux (redhat, Ubuntu etc)
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux system administration, configuration and tuning
- A deep understanding of networking principles and protocols
- Good understanding of WAN, LAN, TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, HTTPS, DNS; experience with traffic captures.
- A deep understanding of virtualization technologies – VMware
- A deep understanding of open source automation tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Packer, Git etc.
- Working knowledge of container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes,
- Experience with Python or other languages commonly used in the systems automation world
- Troubleshooting systems and applications throughout the entire stack
- Some security knowledge spanning network, application, processes and toolsets/methodologies to maintain a secure posture.
- 3-5 years of work experience as a System Engineer or DevOps Engineer, Cloud Engineer or Software Engineer with expertise creating infrastructure automation.
- Ability to self-manage with excellent time management skills and the ability to organize competing priorities and tasks, as well as, support projects within various global time zones.
- You possess a sense of urgency, are able to respond to the shifting demands of a team driven by time-to-market business demands.
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring alignment to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on. Capacity for high productivity with repetitive work.
- Flexibility: Ability to take care of short-term requirements as well as long-term goals. Perform a wide range of related tasks and possessing a 'can do' approach. Needs to be able to use/suggest off-the-shelf tools where appropriate but also to write their own code where needed.
- Planning and Organization: Anticipating and drawing inferences about the future and structuring resources and actions in a logical manner. The ability to anticipate problems and identify alternative solutions. Ability to handle complexity and ambiguity. Strong organizational skills and the demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines at a time and respond to quick turn-around requests.
- Security: You understand information security principles and are able to apply them to your day-to-day work. You are able to plan for outages and design resilient processes.
- Communication: You are a very good communicator both within the team and outside it.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: You should be able to create detailed technical documentation on all projects/processes being rolled out. You should also be able to providing technical trainings on projects/processes being implemented.
- Ability to work well and deliver under pressure.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and everyone will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis.