Description de l'offre
- Location:Feltham, England, United Kingdom
- Additional Location(s)Uxbridge, England, United Kingdom
- Area of InterestEngineer - Software
- Job TypeProfessional
- Technology InterestCollaboration, Video, Software Development, Testing
- Job Id1245030
What You Will Do
You will play an integral part in developing and improving Build and Continuous Integration tools for multiple teams that deliver media applications to both Cloud and Enterprise Customers.
You will be required to interact with Cisco teams based in US, India and China remotely, and on occasion through foreign travel.
You will periodically take part in on call support, to be available to other teams that rely on the services we provide when there is a need to investigate and remediate issues.
As a part of this team, you will get an opportunity to streamline and improve the workflow for many developers using
Who You Will Work With
The Cloud Collaboration Technology Group is redefining the future of collaboration. We are creating a world where people come together effortlessly and enjoyably, on their own terms and with no limitations on device, location, time or distance.
Our group develops cutting-edge media technologies, deployed daily to numerous datacentres around the world. As a modern, dev-ops focused group, we are responsible for designing, building and running the services that provide the best-in-class audio and video experience that Cisco customers of products like Webex, enjoy and expect.
We are an agile, fun, passionate and upbeat team within Cisco. Our mission is to make a difference to Cisco and eventually to our Customers.
Who You Are
You are an enthusiastic and passionate
engineer who is able to multitask, flexible to work across software development, QA, operations, support and quickly learn new technologies and develop solutions and troubleshoot issues through to the end.
- Ability and the passion to learn new things quickly
- Programming/Scripting languages (Python, Bash)
- Source control and continuous integration tools (Git, Jenkins)
- Container technologies (Docker)
Desired Technical Skills
- Configuration Management (Puppet, Ansible)
- Working with cloud providers (AWS, GCP)
- Container orchestration tooling like Kubernetes
- Tuning applications, systems for performance and scale
- Working with Logs and Metrics Stacks
- Network knowledge
- Experience with Micro Service Architecture
- Experience with security and secure engineering practices
- Virtualisation technologies (e.g. OpenStack, KVM, Xen, VMWare)
- Multimedia communication technologies and protocols (e.g. H.264, SIP, WebRTC)
- Other programming languages (e.g. Go, C++, Java)
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere – from launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone – we do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colourful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco