Who You'll Work With
Acting as a trusted technical advisor, you'll be working as part of a dedicated and passionate Cisco team, engaging with multiple customers and partners across the UK and Ireland. Your highly specialised Data Centre and Cloud expertise will educate, influence, and position the right technical solution to meet the end users business needs. You will be an agent of change in an industry where rapid innovation has become the norm, and your insight will ensure that Cisco's customers are always at the forefront of capturing the value of these transitions.
What You'll Do
Whilst no week is ever the same, here's some ideas of what will fill your days...
- Supporting our pre-sales engagements, by bringing a deep understanding of how technology can be used to implement complex business transformations.
- Continually looking at ways to strengthen Cisco's value proposition, you'll focus on outcomes that matter, rather than being a slave to architectural elegance or conforming to the accepted way of doing things.
- Competing and winning against other suppliers by championing a 'big picture' approach, developing unique competitive insight and sharing winning strategies with the broader team.
- Becoming the 'go to' technical specialist, that customers trust, enabling us to build lasting and meaningful relationships.
- Exploiting your vast technical knowledge and experience, you'll deliver amazing technical presentations, facilitate creative solution workshops, champion proof of concept labs, and when needed - get into the detail of how things work.
- You'll be part of a tightly integrated team of world-class, talented, and multi-skilled experts. While you love working under your initiative, you also see the unseen value of close teamwork. You thrive in helping others and always see opportunities to exchange knowledge to develop yourself and your colleagues.
Who You Are
·You live and breathe technology. You're never afraid of getting hands-on in a lab, collaborating with others to find solutions, or presenting to small or large audiences - you are the catalyst that brings technology to life. Customers will be able to tell that you love what you do!
- You are one of an extraordinary breed of technical specialists who can combine deep domain expertise with a high degree of personability.
- You're proud of your solid grasp of data centre and cloud architectures and are comfortable in talking 'tech'. You excel in evangelising about compute, storage and networking, and get fired up when discussing orchestration, analytics and programmability.
- You love sharing what you know. You articulate complex themes simply and straightforwardly, but also know when to elevate conversations that are 'in the weeds' and return them to a business value focus.
- Being adaptable is one of your strengths. You recognise that nothing stays the same, and that change is part of the job. You are passionate about the art of the possible and love seeing this brought to life.
- You are a superb communicator. Able to recognise the type of audience in front of you, and deliver a solution strategy message from the boardroom decision makers to the data centre technicians.
- You have a passionate appetite for personal and continuous learning & skills development - you are always questioning 'why' and 'what if'.
- You celebrate being a mobile worker, willing and able to travel to wherever you are needed. However, most of your time will be spent in the north of the UK.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers, and we are doers.