This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and globally respected religious freedom research and advocacy organisation.
As an intern gaining experience in human rights advocacy, you will assist our highly experienced team of advocates, documenting violations of freedom of religion or belief and bringing the plight of those persecuted because of their faith to the attention of governments, parliamentarians, media, relevant international bodies and the general public.
Key responsibilities (full responsibilities listed in the application pack):
• Assist with the research and analysis of political and human rights issues (particularly freedom of religion or belief) pertaining to a given country, region or situation
• Assist with appropriate campaigns and advocacy initiatives
• Attend relevant forums for information gathering, sharing and networking
• Assist with the production and maintenance of up-to-date resources for key decision makers, for supporters, and for internal use
• Assist with the preparation of materials for press and other media, working with the Public Affairs team.
Essential criteria (full criteria listed in the application pack):
• Fluent written and spoken English
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, to ensure quality of research
• Excellent research skills
• Excellent writing and analytical skills
• Ability to learn quickly and grasp new information and detail
• Ability to take the initiative
• Flexibility, calmness and ability to work under pressure
• Ability to handle emotional challenges including dealing with troubling information
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to play a positive role in a team.
• Has permission to reside and work in the UK.
CSW is a Christian organisation working for religious freedom through advocacy and human rights, in the pursuit of justice. See www.csw.org.uk
for more details.
This post falls within the definition of an Occupational Requirement as per the Equality Act 2010.
Closing date for full applications: Friday 2 March 2018, noon.