About us - China UK Gateway
China UK Gateway is specialized in organizing all types of events, including international conferences, government and corporate meetings and exhibitions for Chinese clients in the United Kingdom. We provide educational services such as training, summer/winter camps, school placements and university exchanges. We also arrange tours for individuals and groups.
Our mission is to help promote educational, language and cultural exchange between China and the UK.
The main tasks will be defined at the beginning of the internship according to the intern’s profile and personal interests.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Help to arrange travel, transport and accommodation for individuals and groups
- Communicate effectively with accommodation and transportation suppliers to verify travel details and assist in finding potential new suppliers
- Ensure service is delivered to the highest standard to give customers the best experience possible
-Answer emails and phone calls, maintain the database and fill out invoices
- Provide general support to visitors
- Support the team on various projects and assist with price negotiation with key suppliers
- Accompany groups to school and on sightseeing excursions around London
- Handle customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions within the time limits and follow up to ensure resolution
- Help bring new ideas for advertising and recruitment campaigns
What you will gain from this internship:
- Valuable work experience in an office environment
- Interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills
- Problem solving skills
- Negotiation skills
- A comprehensive understanding of the education, travel and event planning industries
This is an unpaid position, but we provide an allowance for travel and meal expenses
Contract duration: 3 months +, full time preferred
Start date: anytime between October and January
Please send your CV and cover letter.
Don't forget to mention your dates of availability when applying!
The ideal candidate will be a hardworking student interested in Chinese culture and possessing the following skills:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Attention to details
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and Power Point
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Fluent in English
- Speaking Chinese is a plus
No previous experience is required