Real Estate Vision -
be a key contributor to CHANEL excellence by being a trustworthy and agile business partner, as well as a subject matter expert.
The Real Estate Controller is an inhouse real estate strategist, working across all divisions, to enable growth and help manage the business in the market. In this role, reporting to the Head of Real Estate, you will develop a deep understanding of local market, support the strategic planning with respect to the company’s overall business objectives and other strategic considerations. You will also collaborate cross functionally with internal teams to streamline communication, coordination, and overall collaboration between the departments.
Current / Future Stakes
Asia today is the fastest growing region with an extremely large geography with many opportunities to be explored, assessed for viability, and selected for recommendation. Asia is expected to continue scaling up of business though organic growth of existing distribution, supplemented by a rapid roll-out of stand-alone boutiques and e-commerce for FBP. This requires:
· Faster and more proactive identification of viable business opportunities in Asia to optimize market potential.
· Streamlined and focused information, recommendations and decision making for management.
· Professional lease management capability to orchestrate property management activities across all 3 divisions, ensuring brand coherence and leveraging the negotiations. The role holder will need to orchestrate actions by influencing other parties who do not report to the role, but who are critical for success.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
· Support Real Estate Department with analysis of market rental levels and benchmarking with internal data to ensure best leverage
· Support Real Estate Managers activities with accurate market data to secure consistency on the quality of the information and presentation
· Secure close connections with business teams in Asia, to ensure alignment of the priorities and timelines and secure documentation accuracy for all approval levels
· Orchestrate all property related activities in Asia (designated region) to improve compliance, timelines, and cost efficiency, requiring effective relationships with legal and finance in China/HK/MO and Asia Pacific teams including Retail Design and Development, CAP Studio
· Monitor all regular real estate communication (including follow-up), focused dialogue with all the teams involved in pre-opening process as well space and contract optimisation
Academic / Professional Qualifications
· University Degree, higher qualifications and international exposure is an advantage
· Senior lease management professional with existing key Asia / China landlord relationships
· Demonstrated track record on commercial, technical, and legal language / contracts
· Brand understanding in order to manage subtlety between brand direction and commercial objectives
· Experienced in succeeding in complex, fast changing multi-national environments
· Stakeholder and matrix management
· Experience of Asia and fast-growing emerging markets
People and Leadership Competencies
· Transformative leader (visionary, strategic and innovative), open to changes and challenges, with ability to identify opportunities and recommend execution plans
· Agile (comfortable with ambiguity, curious and resilient), pro-active and focus on problem solving
· Relationships-focused (collaborative, empowers others, influential)
· Performance-minded (value oriented, gets things done by self and through others)
· Prepared to travel within Asia (up to 30%), by car or by plane
· Strong and efficient communication skills
· Influencing / presentation skills (written and oral) – especially for achieving results through others (orchestration responsibilities), ability to build consensus while driving workflow forward decisively
· Strategic thinking (focusing on ‘why’ and connecting the dots between brand and business)
· Data driven and analytical skills, supports quality of data and data administration
· Strong business acumen; property lease management and strong commercial interest
· Project management, internal routines, and risk management
· Digitally savvy (excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office)
At Chanel, we are focused on creating an inclusive culture that nurtures personal growth, contributing to collective progress. We believe the uniqueness of each individual increases the diversity, complementarity and effectiveness of our teams. We strongly encourage your application, as we value the perspective, experience and potential you could bring to CHANEL