WHAT IS THE ATELIER BEAUTÉ CHANEL?
We are an open beauty workshop where guests come in to try new products, experiment with techniques, and swap ideas with like-minded beauty lovers. With the support of the Atelier Team Community, guests will create...and recreate...the best version of themselves.
Take a virtual tour
ABOUT THE TEAM
We are passionate. We create truly unique experiences every single day, adapting and evolving our approach with intention, dedication, and agility.
We are in it together. We achieve our goals as a team, with compassion and accountability toward one another and our community.
We celebrate individuality. We express diverse skills, thoughts, and ideas with confidence and generosity as we cultivate our own personal sense of beauty and style.
We believe in CHANEL. Gabrielle Chanel pioneered the promise of beauty to empower anyone who seeks it. We dedicate our work to delivering on that promise.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The CHANEL Atelier Master Artist is an elevated in-house beauty expert, who has a seasoned understanding of CHANEL and industry products, experienced technical application skills, sophisticated sense of emotional intelligence and highly authentic and infectious personal style. This position’s responsibilities include intimate and empathetic one-on-one guest services (in-person and virtual) on color guidance, application techniques and gestures, personalized skincare routine tips, as well as supporting and/or facilitating group event workshop offerings. Each Master Artist must also create relevant and alluring interpretations of CHANEL’s latest product or trend looks for their local client base. Reporting into the Events and Services Manager, the Atelier Master Artist supports in the development of its peer community by increasing their product and service fluency, sharing knowledge on our brand, our products, and our guest experience through live or virtual training sessions.
WHO ARE YOU?
A curious soul: While you love CHANEL products, you are a natural networker, who loves getting to know unique and diverse individuals, innately offering a high level of hospitality, inclusion and emotional intelligence.
A natural collaborator: You are an active listener and observer, asking challenging questions and pushing beyond the status quo in how we can continue to iterate our services and event offerings.
A community-centric mindset: You thrive in teaching others, sharing your passion, skills and knowledge of the beauty industry to your peers and guest community.
A relatable striver: You embody the revolutionary & transformative spirit of our founder, constantly improving yourself and supporting the evolution of those around you; you admit when you’re wrong and are not afraid to be vulnerable.
An original: You take pride in bringing your whole self to work and are excited to share the things you love with others, and people love engaging with you about the world around them! You create a sense of belonging for all.
· Execute one-on-one guest services where the guest feels understood and leaves the experience feeling confident and enriched
· Lead in providing virtual and in-person services:
· Virtual Services: Skin Chats, Makeup Chats, Skin Workshops, Makeup Workshops, Themed Workshops
· In-person Services: Makeup Lessons & Applications, On-the-floor skin consultations and beauty guest support
· Follow-up all consultations using the guest’s preferred method of communication to answer any questions, ensure the guest was satisfied with their experience and motivate them to practice their new skill or follow their skincare regimen
· Review guest evaluations and identify areas of success and opportunity with Atelier staff and management
· Promote and recruit guests to in-person and virtual services to the Atelier
· Create unique and engaging lesson plans for masterclasses and workshops
· Proficient in all CHANEL makeup and skincare products and application knowledge
· Observe and coach Atelier team members in offering Skin Consultations
· Share insight into industry and new product trends (outside of CHANEL) with the Atelier team members
· On-board new or developing Atelier team members looking to build makeup or skincare expertise
· Support Events and Services Manager in recruiting, training and coaching Event Freelancers hired to work Atelier events
· Experiment with new products and collections to help clients understand CHANEL’s current makeup point-of-view and strategize with clients on how to incorporate these products to modernize their look
· Recommend competitive products necessary to round out the existing CHANEL product line-up and attend local master classes and/or launch events
· Develop a personal digital portfolio of looks and techniques to share with guests in order to align on the desired look in a consultation, and utilize his/her personal brand and portfolio as part of the marketing of Consultation services
· Maintain immaculate hygiene standards in all areas including tools and zones
· Ensure guest safety, cleanliness and satisfaction
· Ensure all consultation guests are met promptly and are made to feel welcome and appreciated
· Passion for the beauty industry
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to multi-task
· Basic ability to use technology and curiosity to learn new systems
· Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
· Standing and sitting intermittently for extended periods of time
· Repetitive application of Skincare and Beauty products using tools
· Repetitive cleaning of Beauty tools
· Maintaining and wiping surfaces and replenishing tools
· Reaching above or bending below shoulder level
DESIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
· Demonstrated passion for the beauty industry and demonstrated skill in guest-centric makeup application
· College degree required
· Minimum 2 years of Makeup Application or Aesthetician experience required
At Chanel, we are focused on creating an inclusive culture that nurtures personal growth, contributing to collective progress. We believe the uniqueness of each individual increases the diversity, complementarity and effectiveness of our teams. We strongly encourage your application, as we value the perspective, experience and potential you could bring to CHANEL.