Fragrance and Beauty Advisor
At CHANEL, we are focused on creating an inclusive culture that nurtures personal growth, contributing to collective progress. We believe the uniqueness of each individual increases the diversity, complementarity and effectiveness of our teams. We strongly encourage your application, as we value the perspective, experience, and potential you could bring to CHANEL.
About the Role:
Be an essential part of our expanding Fragrance & Beauty community at CHANEL – “the ultimate House of Luxury".
As a Fragrance & Beauty Advisor, you are the ultimate Chanel brand ambassador. You lead by example and treat each guest with the upmost respect, ensuring each feels welcome, confident and at ease. You have an emotional intelligence - the ability to develop strong, long-lasting relationships and the intuition to provide consistent and extraordinary experiences for both internal and external clients.
What Impact You Can Create at CHANEL:
· Successfully provide superior service to every client, every day through the Chanel service ritual
· Deepen client relationships and loyalty through personal connection and building trust
· Contributes to build the business by achieving sales targets, using all levels such as product, services, and data capture to loyalize, recruit and retain clients
· Attend seasonal seminars hosted by Education Executives and utilize the Inside Beauty learning application on a daily basis to implement all learnings into your day to day
· Uphold an omni-channel mindset to directly benefit the client, producing a seamless experience from in-store to online and vice versa
· Address and successfully resolve client situations according to company philosophy and standards. Partner with the appropriate teams as needed
· Understands the details of upcoming events and involves each client through introduction and demonstration
· Has solid knowledge of the Brand, its heritage and know-how, and shares it with the clients as well as the team
· Knows and understands the business challenges, client needs and the surrounding market.
· Ensures that the work area is clean, tidy, hygienic, and professional at all times; knows and respects Visual Merchandising guidelines
· Have a positive attitude, communicates with the team and the manager on a regular basis and has the sense of ethics and integrity
· Treat others with respect, acknowledges cultural differences, and is willing to learn from those differences
You Are Energized By:
· Being service oriented, expressing genuine concern for customer's needs
· Being an excellent listener and eager learner
· Flexible: adaptable to scheduling changes, new ideas and direction
· An enthusiastic team player
· Confident and professional, striving for excellence in all you do
· Articulate, knowledgeable and passionate about both cosmetics and fragrance
· Artistry skills and direct Brand experience preferred
· Passion for CHANEL Beauty products
· Ability to lift up to 5 lbs. and stand for extended periods of time
What Skills You Will Learn:
· Exposure to multiple boutique business functions and categories
· Growth in additional business and functional areas of the retail business
· Opportunity to collaborate and succeed as a team with colleagues and cross-functionally
· Further grow and develop your skill set with thoughtful career development workshops and self-directed learning modules
The anticipated base salary range for this position is $23.92 through $29.25 Base salary is one component of the total compensation for this position. Other components will include additional compensation, benefits and perks.
Chanel is a private company whose values are grounded in creating the conditions for people to perform at their best and feel fulfilled and confident in their work. We offer a unique work environment where individuals are encouraged to better understand the brand, the business, and motivations, so that together we can unlock the possibilities of growth. This is reflected in:
Diversity and Inclusion:
· At CHANEL, we are intentional in promoting Diversity & Inclusion. We foster respect, empathy and dignity for all. We believe strongly that the diversity of our people across the full spectrum of human differences is essential to our organisation and the connections we have with each other and our clients.
· We offer Employee Resource Groups in the US that are voluntary, open to all, employee-led groups formed around a shared identity or lived experience, whose aim is to foster a diverse, inclusive, and equitable community aligned with the values and missions of the communities they support.
· CHANEL Community empowers our employees to channel their passions, talents and sense of purpose to contribute to and learn from our communities.
· Employees are encouraged to take time off annually to volunteer through CHANEL Community. CHANEL also matches employee donations to select charitable organizations.
· Since 2011, Fondation CHANEL’s mission is for women and girls to be free to shape their own destiny. Through multi-year partnerships with financial and technical support, Fondation CHANEL is committed to improving the safety and autonomy of women and adolescent girls around the world, impacting over a million women and girls in its first 10 years.
· For more information, please navigate to the Fondation Chanel website here
· CHANEL Mission 1.5° is our climate action plan. It is focused on transforming the business in line with the ambitions of the Paris Agreement on climate change to limit the average global mean temperature increase to 1.5 degrees Celsius above preindustrial levels.
· Employees are encouraged to contribute to our US Sustainability efforts at the corporate level and within the divisions, through organized taskforces and initiatives.
Arts and Culture:
· We are committed to extending our legacy of cultural engagement. Global support includes the CHANEL Culture Fund, which supports a select group of leading art culture institutions across the globe, and the CHANEL Next Prize for the next generation of creative talent. US support currently includes Annual sponsorship of the MoMA film program, Tribeca Film Festival programs and Through Her Lens, Support of the Academy Gold Fellowship for Women and Sponsorship of the BAAND Together Dance Festival at Lincoln Center.
Career and Leadership Development:
· We have dedicated in-house teams focused on supporting the onboarding of employees, developing leadership skills via custom programs like Imagine Chanel People, Heart of Leadership and group and individual coaching, and blended online and live classes offered on our Bloom platform and by skilled trainers, such as Shape Your Career, to develop career building skills.
· Base salary, bonus potential and other forms of variable pay may be offered for this position
Benefits and Perks:
· Flexibility (flexible time options)
· Wellbeing resources include dedicated paid time off for wellbeing (2-week August Office Closure and Wellbeing Days in Retail) and a Wellbeing fund
· Family and care giving benefits (inclusive of parental leave, fertility support, MilkStork, and Care.com Membership)
· Generous paid time off policies to include vacation, holiday, sick and volunteer days
· 401K, pension and other incentives
· Robust healthcare offerings; medical, dental, vision, MDLIVE (virtual care), One Medical, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care & Dependent Care), Health Savings Account and Employee Assistance Program
· Life insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Health Advocate, International Business Travel Accident & Medical, and Commuter Transit & Parking
*Chanel, Inc. benefits and perks are dependent on eligibility and subject to modification by Chanel at any time.