Title: Assistant Manager, CHANEL Boutique, Selfridges Manchester
ABOUT THE JOB
Reporting to the Boutique Director, an Assistant Manager is responsible for managing the sales, operations, asset protection, and human resources function of the boutique to assure a great customer experience and optimum profitability. Assistant Managers motivate and inspire their team to achieve productivity and sales goals.
An Assistant Manager must be dependable, disciplined, self-driven, enterprising, and efficient. They should also possess excellent written and oral communication, excellent leadership skills, effective merchandising and strong organisation skills; multi-tasking abilities, and knowledgeable in the products being sold. Assistant Managers should also be able to motivate people; have good eye for aesthetics; and be proficient with the use of computers, Office 365 and CHANEL operating systems.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Team Leadership & Engagement
· Develop Supervisors to ensure their teams deliver the Chanel experience to every Client. Support them with consistent coaching, identify their development and training needs, and those of their team and partner with them to tailor individual action plans.
· Identify, recruit and develop talents and work with HR and the Boutique Director to secure succession plans.
· Organise the team in an efficient manner according to business needs and delegate responsibility.
· Translate strategic and business goals into concrete and individual actions and objectives.
· Support the Boutique Director in setting achievable yet challenging team and individual targets for the boutique; assess, monitor and manage performance to ensure these goals are achieved.
· Manage and motivate the team to drive the business: create a positive work environment, empower the team, encourage innovative solutions.
· Coach Supervisors in taking responsibility for the management, development and engagement of their own teams.
· Take part in the recruitment, training, evaluation, motivation and development of the staff.
· Network with Chanel colleagues to share best practices.
· Communicate & embody the strategic vision, targets, projects and initiatives, ensuring that the team are consistently displaying the Chanel Values & Behaviours.
Business & Client Development
· Support the Boutique Director to lead and develop the business of the boutique, by cultivating a comprehensive and strategic knowledge of your business and relating to all relevant stakeholders.
· Champion and develop a customer centric and service mindset in boutique.
· Partner with the CRM team to identify key opportunities and best practices for the boutique and support them with the training and development of the team in this key area.
· Maximise the potential of all product categories carried in the boutique, capitalising on all available support (visual merchandising, training, clienteling, events, HR team…) and fostering synergies between categories.
· Build a loyal Clientele, leveraging all clienteling tools from the CRM team.
· Establish a Client-centric mindset in boutique to ensure the highest level of customer experience and achieve Client retention objectives.
· Be the voice of the boutique by understanding business and local market to suggest actions and recommendations.
· Be aware of the competitive landscape and market trends.
· Ensure policies, operational standards and procedures are communicated, understood & implemented whilst also proposing any improvement actions.
· Take accountability alongside Selfridges Store Support for the health and safety management of the boutique.
· Supervise loss asset protection and risk management.
· Control stock loss within the boutique budget and support with audits effectively.
· Ensure that the team are fully trained and understand the Company systems relating to point of sale and cash handling/stock loss control.
YOU ARE ENERGISED BY
· Achieving through others while leading by example
· Embodying the role of the Brand Ambassador, setting the standard for your team to follow
· Playing a key role in the improvement of those around you
· Creating an efficient, productive, inclusive and entrepreneurial business environment
· Working with rigor, energy and creativity in maximising opportunities to advance the brands’ aims
· Nurturing total understanding of all aspects of the business by basing yourself on the shop floor
WHO YOU ARE
· Extensive management retail experience in the luxury goods sector.
· Demonstrated track record of building an international network of clients.
· Know-how in supporting VIP client events and experiences.
· Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
· Outstanding sense of customer service, sense of initiative and commercial creativity with fashion sensitivity, always upholding the values of CHANEL Creativity.
· Strong knowledge of fashion and trends.
· Knowledge and appreciation of culture, art and current affairs.
At Chanel, we are focused on creating an inclusive culture that nurtures personal growth, contributing to collective progress. We believe the uniqueness of each individual increases the diversity, complementarity and effectiveness of our teams. We strongly encourage your application, as we value the perspective, experience and potential you could bring to CHANEL.