Architect - Mobile
HONG KONG (SAR) IT development
The Mobile App Factory (MAF) leads the development of mobile applications that serve over 6000 of CHANEL’s internal staff, as well as our clients across the Asia Pacific region with public facing applications. With engineering primarily outsourced to vendors, an experienced mobile architect is sought to lead the mobile application architecture. This candidate will have a passion for engineering, quality, team leadership and comfortable working with teams and individuals across the region. You will work directly with the Head of Program – MAF and Mobile Development Lead in shaping how CHANEL’s mobile application practices are developed and implemented.
· Architect reusable, scalable and cost-efficient mobile application eco system.
· Architect, build and integrate internal and external systems to meet the companies and product’s needs.
· Document architectures and maintain them so that they are always in an up-to-date state.
· Continually research current and emerging tech and recommend changes where needed.
· Contribute to the architecture community and work on changes together as a team.
· Assess and Identify
· Assess other system’s architecture to understand and audit whether those are suitable for integration.
· Identify improvements and challenges in the current team’s architecture and work towards solving those.
· Identify improvements and challenges in other architectures and recommend improvements.
· Identify the business impact that certain technical choices have.
· Determine the risk associated with third-party platforms or frameworks.
· Provide updates to stakeholders on product development processes, costs, and budgets.
· Identify security flaws and flag them.
· Architect for the given situation the best security achievable.
· Provide supervision and guidance to development teams.
· Able to be hands-on if needed.
Academic / Professional Qualifications
· Undergraduate Degrees in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
· Project management: Agile/Scrum certified
· Azure Cloud Certified
· Proven work experience as a Solution Architect or similar role.
· Proven implementation of architecture which areis secure, reliable, performant, sustainable and cost optimiszed.
· Experience in implementing micro frontend architecture has an advantage.
· Previous project management experience is an advantage.
· Experience in mobile development, natively and cross platform has an advantage.
· Experience with handling outsourcing to vendors and guide them to follow a framework to develop apps.
· Experience with leading a team through architecting mobile applications.
· Worked in scrum teams who deliver value based on real user feedback/behavior and proven increase of value for the user and business.
· Guide the design and development of complex architectures for mission-critical systems and delivering high-availability and performance.
· Draw and explain the following architectures and promote the ways of documenting.
· Logical Architecture
· Physical Architecture
· Data Flow Architecture
· Infra and Network Architecture
· Security Architecture
· Investigate alternative technologies and present them for architectural review, to support continuous improvement.
· Understands multiple architectures to choose the right monitoring tools for a given situation.
· Understand multiple communication protocols such as HTTPs, and SFTP and know the pros and cons for a given solution.
· Understand how Agile/Scrum can improve a product and implement practices to enable this from an architecture standpoint.
· Understands several DevOps practices such as CI CD pipelines and knows how to enable this from an architecture standpoint.
· Takes ownership, with a high sense of drive, initiative, and self-organization.
· Proactive in driving the program forward and tackling technical challenges in a positive and constructive manner.
· Relentless pursuer of quality and reducer of waste.
· Strong innovation mindset and capacity to drive innovative ideas.
· Doesn’t look at what is only now but also looks at the future and works towards that.
· Analytical thinking, with ability to challenge the status quo with constructive approach.
· Manage and resolve conflicts among working parties and deriving agreeable plans without losing focus in upholding the correct principles.
· Proven multi-tasking skills and desire to resolve problems with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
· Project management and vendor management skills with solid proven track records.
· Great team player with an open collaborative spirit.
· Good interpersonal and communication skills.
· Enthusiastic and proven rapid learning capability.
· Innovative problem solving, design and testing skills with a passion to deliver.
· Confidence and flexibility to often work under significant pressure to deliver effective and high-quality solutions and designs.
· Fluent in English; Cantonese and Mandarin a plus.
At Chanel, we are focused on creating an inclusive culture that nurtures personal growth, contributing to collective progress. We believe the uniqueness of each individual increases the diversity, complementarity and effectiveness of our teams. We strongly encourage your application, as we value the perspective, experience and potential you could bring to CHANEL