At CHANEL, we are focused on creating an inclusive culture that nurtures personal growth, contributing to collective progress. We believe the uniqueness of each individual increases the diversity, complementarity and effectiveness of our teams. We strongly encourage your application, as we value the perspective, experience and potential you could bring to CHANEL.
We are looking for an Alterations Specialist who will be responsible for producing high quality, altered merchandise within established time frame standards. They will play a vital role in providing excellent service, while establishing and maintaining customer relationships, and working effectively with the associates in the store. The ideal Alterations Specialist is highly organized and will have a strong attention to detail to ensure that all projects are executed accurately and efficiently. The Alterations Specialist will work alongside a diverse and dynamic team and reports to the Product Manager.
The Impact You Can Create At CHANEL:
· Uphold production standards to deliver the ultimate CHANEL experience to the client
· Properly fit each garment with client(s) with the ability to alter a wide range of garments
· Organize and maintain client owned pieces in line with CHANEL expectations
· Maintain a up to date knowledge of the alteration industry, including fabrication and styling of luxury merchandise
· Build positive team relationships throughout the boutique to inspire trust and teamwork
You Are Energized By:
· The history and heritage of the House of CHANEL
· Demonstrating your strong technical background in specialty skills, such as leather, knits, double-face, beading, fine tailoring, buttonholes, etc.
· Your strong attention to detail
· Being truly service minded
· Working in a team-focused environment and a desire to collaborate effectively
· Minimum 5 years of related experience
· Minimum High School Diploma
· Ability to lift 15 lb.
· A flexible schedule with the ability to work late nights, weekends and some holidays
At CHANEL, we are focused on creating an inclusive culture that nurtures personal growth, contributing to collective progress. We believe the uniqueness of each individual increases the diversity, complementarity, and effectiveness of our teams. We strongly encourage your application, as we value the perspective, experience, and potential you could bring to CHANEL.
About The Role:
We are looking for a Boutique Facilitator, someone passionate about providing the highest standards of service and will be trained to be well-rounded in all activities within the Boutique. They will be crucial to the success of the operations within the Boutique. As a multi-functional, “generalist” support role, the Boutique Facilitator assists the sales associates, and the boutique to maximize client-facing time and will support all areas of the Boutique as needed.
What Impact You Can Create at CHANEL:
· Deliver exceptional customer service based on CHANEL’s service mantra, including welcoming and greeting all clients, including hosting.
· Be the ultimate brand ambassador by providing continuous sales and service support
· Support the Operations team in maintaining the incoming and outgoing shipments processes, assisting with inventory cycle counts and daily re-ticketing
· Assisting and supporting Fashion Advisors with packaging
· Support opening and closing of registers and assist with handling cash and deposits
· Effectively conduct administrative responsibilities i.e., answering phone calls to ensure any client issues are resolved in a prompt and professional manner
You Are Energized By:
· Providing the highest standards of service
· Building collaborative partnerships and relationships in a team-focused environment
· Fostering a meaningful client experience centered around inclusion and connection
· Your curiosity to continuously learn and grow
What You Will Bring to The Team:
· Ability to thrive in a team environment and work collaboratively
· Understanding of, and passion for client experience
· Excellent communication skills
· Foreign language skills are preferred but not required
· Passion for the House of CHANEL, its history, product offerings, and commitment to social and cultural initiatives
· Curiosity and desire to learn and grow professionally within the world of CHANEL
· Minimum 1 year of related experience
· Minimum High School Diploma
· Able to lift 15 lbs.
· Must have flexible schedule with the ability to work late nights, weekends, and some holidays
Chanel is a private company whose values are grounded in creating the conditions for people to perform at their best and feel fulfilled and confident in their work. We offer a unique work environment where individuals are encouraged to better understand the brand, the business, and motivations, so that together we can unlock the possibilities of growth. This is reflected in:
Diversity and Inclusion:
· At CHANEL, we are intentional in promoting Diversity & Inclusion. We foster respect, empathy, and dignity for all. We believe strongly that the diversity of our people across the full spectrum of human differences is essential to our organisation and the connections we have with each other and our clients.
· We offer Employee Resource Groups in the US that are voluntary, open to all, employee-led groups formed around a shared identity or lived experience, whose aim is to foster a diverse, inclusive, and equitable community aligned with the values and missions of the communities they support.
· CHANEL Community empowers our employees to channel their passions, talents, and sense of purpose to contribute to and learn from our communities.
· Employees are encouraged to take time off annually to volunteer through CHANEL Community. CHANEL also matches employee donations to select charitable organizations.
· Since 2011, Fondation CHANEL’s mission is for women and girls to be free to shape their own destiny. Through multi-year partnerships with financial and technical support, Fondation CHANEL is committed to improving the safety and autonomy of women and adolescent girls around the world, impacting over a million women and girls in its first 10 years.
· For more information, please navigate to the Fondation Chanel website here
· CHANEL Mission 1.5° is our climate action plan. It is focused on transforming the business in line with the ambitions of the Paris Agreement on climate change to limit the average global mean temperature increase to 1.5 degrees Celsius above preindustrial levels.
· Employees are encouraged to contribute to our US Sustainability efforts at the corporate level and within the divisions, through organized taskforces and initiatives.
Arts and Culture:
· We are committed to extending our legacy of cultural engagement. Global support includes the CHANEL Culture Fund, which supports a select group of leading art culture institutions across the globe, and the CHANEL Next Prize for the next generation of creative talent. US support currently includes Annual sponsorship of the MoMA film program, Tribeca Film Festival programs and Through Her Lens, Support of the Academy Gold Fellowship for Women and Sponsorship of the BAAND Together Dance Festival at Lincoln Center.
Career and Leadership Development:
· We have dedicated in-house teams focused on supporting the onboarding of employees, developing leadership skills via custom programs like Imagine Chanel People, Heart of Leadership and group and individual coaching, and blended online and live classes offered on our Bloom platform and by skilled trainers, such as Shape Your Career, to develop career building skills.
· Hourly rate, bonus potential and other forms of variable pay will be offered for this position
Benefits and Perks:
· Flexibility (flexible time and hybrid work options)
· Wellbeing resources include dedicated paid time off for wellbeing (2-week August Office Closure and Wellbeing Days in Retail) and a Wellbeing fund
· Family and care giving benefits (inclusive of parental leave, fertility support, Milk Stork, and Care.com Membership)
· Generous paid time off policies to include vacation, holiday, sick and volunteer days
· 401K, pension, and other incentives
· Robust healthcare offerings; medical, dental, vision, MDLIVE (virtual care), One Medical, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care & Dependent Care), Health Savings Account and Employee Assistance Program
· Life insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Health Advocate, International Business Travel Accident & Medical, and Commuter Transit & Parking
*Chanel, Inc. benefits and perks are dependent on eligibility and subject to modification by Chanel at any time.