Tripwire IP360 Engineer
CGI is one of the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a CGI Federal Member, you have the opportunity to be a shareholder at CGI and join a family of 77,000 members strong.
CGI Federal has an exciting opportunity for a Tripwire IP360 Engineer supporting our DHS CDM DEFEND program. You will enhance the cyber security posture of numerous government agencies through improved implementation and enhancement of network monitoring and control tools and processes. You will lead the configuration and maintenance of Tripwire IP360 in a cloud-hosted managed services environment and support multiple tenants in configuring the application to meet each agency’s technical requirements.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Maintain, optimize and troubleshoot a Tripwire IP360 solution currently deployed in a VMware-based environment.
• Configure and deploy VnE and Device Profilers.
• Configure Tripwire IP360 to capture data and events while filtering out unneeded items.
• Work with Network Engineers to investigate connectivity issues and recommend corrective action.
• Integrate Tripwire with external systems, including ServiceNow and Informatica.
• Develop and manage policies for device discovery and vulnerability scans.
• Prepare and maintain solution documentation, including security, configuration and CONOPS.
• Work closely with engineering and test teams and participate in technical and meetings with customers’ technical specialists.
• Work with Service Delivery teams in developing agency-specific designs and policies, to include working directly with agency technical and security SMEs.
• Document, publish and maintain a knowledge base of information pertaining to the functionality, processes and procedures related to the tool.
• Apply technical expertise in implementing efficiencies and creating strategies to better detect and respond to cyber incidents by prioritizing mitigation actions.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
• Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of related experience.
• Experience developing, configuring and delivering COTS software in support of enterprise security solutions.
• Experience configuring Tripwire IP360 to operate and discover security, application and operating system related items.
• Experience in configuring Tripwire IP360 to report and alert thru external systems (like ServiceNow).
• Experience with Windows Server 2012.
• Must be able to analyze and clarify customer technical inquiries.
• Must be able to analyze vulnerability scan results, system audits, log events and troubleshoot software issues.
• Attention to detail coupled with effective analytical and problem-solving aptitude.
Ability to establish working relations at all organizational levels and demonstrate ability to diplomatically and effectively deal with government officials and program office stakeholders.
• Security relevant certifications: CISSP, CISM, CISA, Security+, CEH.
• Must have strong communication skills and a solid understanding of IT security concepts to include vulnerability and patch management, security operations, incident management and incident response.
• The candidate must be able to work with other team members and groups, work with competing priorities and possess strong customer focus.
• Understanding of federal cybersecurity guidance such as NIST SP 800-37 - Guide for Applying the Risk Management Framework to Federal Information Systems: a Security Life Cycle Approach and NIST 800-137 - Information Security Continuous Monitoring (ISCM) for Federal Information Systems and Organizations.
• Exposure to the DHS Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation Program (CDM).
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.