CGI is seeking an enthusiastic, creative technical analyst to support the ProSteward360 Operations Support team. Candidate will work within a team environment supporting production operational support needs within both on premise and cloud based environments. Candidate will receive and manage workload within a structured work management process following agile principles. Candidate will engage with fellow product engineering team members to gain product knowledge and support for issue triage. Candidate will engage with client personnel in the delivery of services.
Your future duties and responsibilities
The ideal candidate for this position will be a detail oriented, analytical information technology consultant who is seeking to leverage software development and technical analysis skills in a role that is focused on supporting the production implementation and integration of software in contrast to a role completely focused on software development. Candidate should enjoy and seek the challenge of learning new technologies, solving solution design challenges, and implementing tailored solutions to meet the requirements of each client’s operational environment.
Candidate will be responsible for participating in all phases of operational support activities spanning the triage of software issues, the implementation of processes to automate software operation and monitoring, the management of client operational environments, the application of data analytics and reporting to drive business value, the development of interfaces to support business requirements, and the development of custom, non-baseline software components and configurations to yield operational efficiencies.
The candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Participating in daily team discussions to coordinate on operational support priorities and report status
- Participating in client and end-user discussions to help provide technical viewpoint on operational support requests
- Participating in technical design sessions to create sustainable, high-performing solutions and providing accurate estimates and development timelines
- Continuous improvement of existing operational support processes and technologies
- General understanding of database design and optimizing use of application data to support client business needs
- Performing technical development, scripting, and configuration activities to support batch processes, custom configurations, non-baseline software solutions, and interfaces to achieve operational efficiencies and drive the business value received from overall software operations
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
1+ years’ experience in software development and/or information technology
Demonstrated understanding of software development and SQL technologies.
Ability to work independently as well as within a dynamic team environment on tasks and continuously deliver quality solutions for team review and production implementation.
Experience working with modern software development environment, processes (Agile/DevOps), and tools (e.g. Git, Bamboo, Visual Studio, etc.).
Confident communication skills with both internal team members as well as clients.
Ability to quickly research, learn, and apply emerging technologies to support operational support priorities.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other technical discipline.
Positive, can-do attitude, and desire to contribute in various means to team success
The following qualifications will strongly benefit a candidate:
- 1+ years of software development and database management experience
- Experience participating in an Agile development team
- Experience using Atlassian tools, e.g. JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, SourceTree, etc.
- Consulting experience
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $66k-135k
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
· Communication (Oral/Written)