CGI Federal is seeking a Senior Statistician to perform analysis on the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) Occupational Requirements Survey (ORS) dataset. The BLS conducts this survey under an agreement with the Social Security Administration (SSA). The goal of the ORS is to collect and publish information about specific work-related requirements that will be available to the public and used by SSA to help make decision about our disability programs. The resource may also support other statistical work within SSA depending on the priorities.
This position is based at SSA in Woodlawn, MD, Candidates must be onsite post covid-19 restrictions. Skills for the statistician include SAS (a must), Python, Stata and R, preferably in that order.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Conduct analysis of the Occupational Requirements Survey (ORS) data, both public and microdata, to address completeness of the ORS estimates. Analysis should include:
o Evaluation of the distribution of estimates for specific ORS elements both across the Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) codes and within ORS element groups;
o Analysis within and across SOC level data elements to identify which theoretical estimation domains are/are not plausible;
o Identification of thresholds and qualitative indicators that take into consideration SSA’s proposed use of the ORS data and increase the amount of publishable estimates in future ORS data releases;
o Evaluation of survey questions and methods to assist SSA in identifying data collection practices helpful in producing additional ORS estimates; and
o Identification of target areas for use in small domain estimation research.
• Complete reports that outlines the analysis completed and provides recommendations for updates to the ORS survey, sampling, and disclosure methods, with the goal to increase the amount of publishable estimates.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Master’s degree and 8+ years of experience OR BA/BS degree and 14+ years of experience
• Three to five years of professional experience in statistical design and methodology for major federally or grant administered surveys.
• Experience with SAS is required; Experience with Python, Stata and R could be a great addition.
• Excellent communication skills and be effective technical writers.
• Hands-on experience with SAS tools deployed on SAS product including eGuide 7.13.
• Experience extracting data on mainframe using JCL and SAS Connect
• Experience with taking business requirements, translating them into technical requirements, and then to convert to Implementable SAS solution.
• Proven experience in developing functional applications and systems of medium to high technical complexity is required
• Expert use of SQL, experience with relational databases including DB2 and MS SQL Server.
• Be a proactive self-starter
• General knowledge of project management
• Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and able to meet deadlines
• SAS Enterprise Guide
• Mainframe JCL
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
· Statistical Analysis
· Statistical Reporting