Job order - J1021-2753 - Permanent Full Time
Sr QA engineeer
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US United States
Sr QA engineeer
CGI is seeking accomplished Business Analyst/Quality Assurance Engineer with 5+ years of experience to join our Professional Services team to support a client in Claysburg Pennsylvania
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Candidate will be the bridge between the end users and the development team, ensuring that the solution meets business expectations through definition of the product backlog and validation of the Development Team’s results
• Candidate must have an agile mindset; a knowledgeable asset in the Scrum delivery model, experienced with agile ceremonies such as daily scrums, backlog grooming, spring planning, sprint reviews / demos, and retrospectives
• Candidate will be an active participant in the agile software development, testing, delivery, and support process and advocate for industry-standard best practices
Quality Assurance Responsibilities:
• Design and build an effective, scalable, and comprehensive testing solution mapping back to requirements. Automation experience is a nice to have but not a must
• Design, document and execute manual, system, regression tests and smoke tests to identify software defects
• Investigate manual test failures to ensure application correctness; update test scripts as needed and coordinate with Development Team for defect resolution
• Coordinate end-to-end testing with the Development Team and Project Stakeholders; support the solution in the Production environment
• Develop and manage software test plans and traceability
• Provide manual testing work estimates within an Agile delivery context
• Develop and execute database scripts to perform data validation as-needed
• Triage and replicate end-user reported defects (Production / UAT) in the lower environments, log and defects for resolution
• Collaborate with Development Team in the software development process including performing requirements walk-throughs, side-by-side feature evaluation, and establishing quality performance expectations
• Report testing results/ metrics to the Project Manager and other project stakeholders
• Collaborate with application developers in design sessions to understand development approach & build a test strategy
• Be a quality advocate by analyzing software requirements, identifying any risks, and working with other project stakeholders towards a mitigation plan
• Guide end users / stakeholders to develop and implement an acceptance test approach
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 5+ years of experience working as a quality engineer developing test plans, writing test cases and creating test strategies
• 5+ years of experience developing, maintaining & executing regression tests for web and backend applications
• 2+ years of experience writing SQL scrips
• 2+ years of experience developing tests and experience in BDD frameworks
• 5+ years of experience developing and maintaining work item backlogs and priorities
• 2+ years of experiencing in eliciting requirements, performing requirements and business process analysis, and in solution assessment and validation
• Understanding of Agile project delivery and DevOps best practices
• Understanding of all parts of Software Engineering (e.g. Requirements, Design, Implementation, Testing) and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• An understanding of DevOps CI/CD pipelines
• Experience in designing and executing load and capacity testing
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
· Communication (Oral/Written)