Site Support Officer- Gloucester
From public service transformation to cutting-edge commercial projects, our work has a wide
reach, helping make the everyday easier, for everyone. When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people’s lives, you can be sure we’ll do the same for you.
And the even better news? Our friendly team will keep you inspired and will support you to do
what you do best, better.
We are looking to bring on board an experienced Security Guard to be based from our offices in Gloucester. You will work on a shift rota @ 56 hours per week (days and Nights) and the shift
Shift pattern 7 on 4 off / 7 on 3 off
As a CGI Site Support Officer, you are responsible for Front of House Services and Security of the Premises.
This client-facing role includes welcoming guest and CGI members so you should be presentable at all times. You are required to carry out patrols of the building, sign in all visitors, escort contractors around to ensure the buildings are secure at all times. You will take receipt of deliveries and alert the recipient of their mail, order stationery and raise any maintenance issues with the relevant teams.
Your future duties and responsibilities
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITY
The Site Support Officer role is including, but not limited to, the tasks below:
1. Reception & Security Duties
• Welcome and Check In all visitors and contractors who present themselves to Reception
• Answer, filter and accept all telephone calls via the Reception direct line
• Maintain and organise the Reception Inbox and personal Inbox.
• Log, maintain and organise the Lost Property received on site
• Organise Conference Room bookings for the site via DARBE
• Ensure Reception is kept clean and tidy at all times.
• Organise Visitor Car Parking spaces
• Complete Escorting of Contractors and Visitors when scheduled
• Complete Weekly Fire Alarm Test
• Carry out Patrols of Site throughout shift, including Car Park (day shift only)
• Lock / Unlock and Turn Alarms On / Off within Secure areas
• Report any site faults via the TabsFM Intranet System
• Carry out events assigned to Reception / House Services from TabsFM system
2. Site Support & Services
• Maintain and Refresh Conference Rooms and Meeting Rooms
• Complete Head Count, twice daily, and fill in log
• Complete Comms Temperature Checks, twice daily, and fill in log
• Order, restock and maintain stationery cupboards
• Distribute Milk Delivery throughout the Kitchenettes
• Car Park Capacity should be checked throughout the day, and signage put out when required
• Fill and Empty dishwashers within Kitchenettes; ensuring all cups and glasses are rinsed if necessary
• During Winter Months, ensure Car Park and External Pathways are gritted with salt and carry out when necessary.
• Carry out Manual Handling Tasks where required
• Ensure Glasses are available by the Water Point in Restaurant
• Check and maintain Secure Data Shred Bins
• Distribute and maintain Printer Paper
• Support other departments and members at peak times when required
• Distribute Catering Menus throughout site
• Maintain and Refresh Notice Boards; ensuring these have a tidy appearance
• Ensure all Vending Consumables are filled
• Collect and remove loose rubbish and boxes throughout the building
• Carry out cleaning / janitorial tasks where required and service is delivered ‘in house’
3. Post & Goods Handling
• Ensure the Post Room and Goods In Cupboard is kept clean and tidy at all times
• Adhere to the Goods Handling Procedure when dealing with Mail and Packages at all times
• Organise and sort all incoming and outgoing mail including the collection from Postal Points on site
• Organise courier deliveries received on site
• Deliver mail to appropriate floors
• Maintain Goods In Register and Parcels Received
• As this is a client-facing role, your appearance should be professional and presentable at all times.
• Upon arrival, you should book on duty via the D.O.B and, where applicable, with the Waterton OOH
• When unlocking the front doors, the Reception should be manned at all times.
• When locking the front door ensure all doors have an Out of Hours Sign on
• Upon completion of a shift, a formal handover should be carried out prior to leaving site.
• During the Handover, it is the responsibility of the Site Support Officer on shift to pass over any open incidents, emails and events. The Security Mobile Phone should be handed over to the next shift during this handover.
• During an OOH shift, check calls should be carried out with the Waterton OOH Helpdesk
• Throughout the shift, the D.O.B should be updated – this includes events such as; arrival of contractors, patrol s, escorting, breaks and any task which requires the Site Support Officer to leave Reception.
• On a Weekend / Bank Holiday, ensure Car Park cannot be accessed by the public, by partially blocking entrance
• When sending emails, please use the appropriate CGI Email Signature. To help us present a consistent and professional image in our emails, please follow CGI’s Email Signature Guidelines.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
You must be experienced in working on Commercial premises and have knowledge of the relevant H&S working practices.
A willingness to up-skill and grow within the facilities organisation is desirable.
You must be SIA licensed, those without the licence should not apply. First Aid knowledge is advantageous but not essential.
Due to the nature of the work and environment you must already hold, or be eligible to hold, an appropriate level of UK Security Clearance (SC) to be considered. Any applicants not willing to go through this process should not apply.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.