CGI is looking for an experienced .NET Developer to join our Applications Development and Maintenance team, supporting our client’s large number of COTS and custom applications, and working in an advanced technology environment.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• As a Developer, you will be responsible for development, support, maintenance and implementation of complex project modules.
• Lead and responsible for translating software requirements into workable web based applications, including writing specifications and designing, building, testing, implementing, and supporting applications using .NET and Java programming languages and development tools.
• Lead and participate in project planning sessions with technical and functional leads, business analysts and other team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed IT solution.
• Lead and participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations; incorporate security requirements into design; and provide input to data flow.
• Lead and participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications; identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues.
• Lead and provide hands-on day-to-day coaching and support for junior software team personnel in all phases of a project including aspects such as systems architecture, reuse, development processes, technical direction, mentoring of the team.
• Act independently as a technical advisor on the most specialized phases of system design, programming, implementation, and analysis; leads and participates in major system design, development and implementations.
• Gather system requirements and develop specifications, Write code according to specifications, Quality review of others' code or designs, Diagnose and fix bugs in conjunction with QA team
• Lead and participate in troubleshooting issues simple and complex incidents and problems with limited knowledge. Leveraging prior experience and leading a team to identify solutions to resolve outages and technical operational issues.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
5+ years Hands-on experience in Software Development as a software developer, developing Web Applications.
• Understanding of SDLC processes, spanning requirements/issue management, defect tracking, source control, build and test automation, and release management
• Experience with designing and developing applications using .NET development platform (C#, ASP.Net).
• Strong knowledge of fundamental database concepts (e.g. schema design and query optimizing)
• Working knowledge of ORM tools like Dapper or Entity Framework.
• Strong knowledge of software version control (GIT) concepts and change management processes.
• Strong knowledge of MVC and Web Development best practices
• Strong knowledge of Web Services Development best practices
• Experience with front end development using JQuery, CSS, HTML 5
• Experience in Application Security Code Review and/or Application Vulnerability Assessment
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Team player with ability to work in a rapidly changing environment utilizing good time management and prioritization skills, while maintaining high quality and being flexible to customer needs and timelines
**We support the client from 8AM-5PM PST, who is located in San Diego, CA.
Skill Set/Years of Experience:
5+ years of experience in the following:
• SQL (MS-SQL/PL-SQL)
• .Net (MVC, Core)
• Application Design
• Requirement Analysis
• Client Consultation
Server/Data Center -- Knowledgeable
3+ years of experience in the following:
• Network (Knowledgeable)
• Middleware (Knowledgeable)
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Ability to working effectively and collaboratively with others to achieve common goals
• Able to multitask and work effectively with minimal supervision.
• Self-motivated performer with a desire to work on a project team, learning and developing software features
• Experience with Java
• Experience with ETL
• Demonstrated experience and understanding of TFS.
• Experience with designing and developing applications using Windows workflow.
Skill Set/Years of Experience:
2+ years in the following:
• Power BI
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $65K-$90K*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
· Application Design
· Requirements Analysis
· SQL/PL SQL